E-mails don't send

Flannel Avenger

Hi,

Just installed XenForo and I'm having a problem with the confirmation e-mails.

When I have it set to the default server, I get no errors in the server logs, but nobody gets any e-mails. It seems like they're just disappearing into the ether. The -f thing didn't seem to change anything

When I set it to SMTP no matter what server I use (I have tried my webhosts and Google's) I get an error in the log that says that the connection timed out.

Any suggestions what to try next?

Thanks

Hi,

Just installed XenForo and I'm having a problem with the confirmation e-mails.

When I have it set to the default server, I get no errors in the server logs, but nobody gets any e-mails. It seems like they're just disappearing into the ether. The -f thing didn't seem to change anything

When I set it to SMTP no matter what server I use (I have tried my webhosts and Google's) I get an error in the log that says that the connection timed out.

Any suggestions what to try next?

Thanks

What settings on SMTP for google.
My settings for SMTP are:
smtp.gmail.com PORT 465
username
username@apple4me.net
SSL for encryption

And it seems to work. I really need to set it over to use postfix and see how that works since I'm on a dedi now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Those are the settings I have in it for google. I am wondering if it's something on the server, like a php library that is disabled that should be enabled. I am using Network Solutions for my web host if that helps.

Top Bottom