1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-mails don't send

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Flannel Avenger, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Flannel Avenger

Flannel Avenger New Member

Hi,

Just installed XenForo and I'm having a problem with the confirmation e-mails.

When I have it set to the default server, I get no errors in the server logs, but nobody gets any e-mails. It seems like they're just disappearing into the ether. The -f thing didn't seem to change anything

When I set it to SMTP no matter what server I use (I have tried my webhosts and Google's) I get an error in the log that says that the connection timed out.

Any suggestions what to try next?

Thanks

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

What settings on SMTP for google.
    My settings for SMTP are:
    smtp.gmail.com PORT 465
    username
    username@apple4me.net
    SSL for encryption

And it seems to work. I really need to set it over to use postfix and see how that works since I'm on a dedi now.

3. Flannel Avenger

Thanks for the quick reply.

Those are the settings I have in it for google. I am wondering if it's something on the server, like a php library that is disabled that should be enabled. I am using Network Solutions for my web host if that helps.

4. Tracy Perry

Are you running on a VPS or shared hosting?

5. Flannel Avenger

Shared hosting

6. Tracy Perry

Do they not have a mail server set up for your host already that you can relay through?