Cannot reproduce duplicate posting messages

Personally, I've only ever experienced double posting when there were memory issues on the server, long post times causing members to click the post button multiple times in an effort to hurry it along. :rolleyes:
I've got a powerful dedicated server with plenty of memory and minimal load, and double posting still happens to my users on a regular basis. I think flaky connections and slow mobile networks are a big cause.

I still believe XenForo should implement some type of simple double-posting check (just check to see if a newly submitted post is an exactly duplicate of the most recent post in the thread). It's very confusing for users when it happens to them, and I don't think the problem will be going away any time soon.

I've got a powerful dedicated server with plenty of memory and minimal load, and double posting still happens to my users on a regular basis. I think flaky connections and slow mobile networks are a big cause.

I still believe XenForo should implement some type of simple double-posting check (just check to see if a newly submitted post is an exactly duplicate of the most recent post in the thread). It's very confusing for users when it happens to them, and I don't think the problem will be going away any time soon.
Flood control should prevent this, since by default it enters the sentinel entry before doing the post operation.

Flood control should prevent this, since by default it enters the sentinel entry before doing the post operation.
I think it would, too, but I've had it at 10 seconds since converting to XF and it still happens. Perhaps that's just not long enough?

Top Bottom