XF 1.5 Can you help? XF can't - Duplicate posts - four times sometimes

flowerpot132

I know it's standard practice for XF to say remove all addons before they will talk to you about a problem, but that isn't possible at the mo. So just looking past that for a second, has anyone had this problem please?....

About 10% of our members posts are being duplicated twice, three times and sometimes four times. I have found out what one of them was using (EI11 on Win7). I got a copy of that and logged in as them and post and it was fine. So it's not everytime a member posts. It's typically about 10% of all out posts at the moment and not affecting members everytime. Any possible ideas please?

Wow, thanks for replying. Running a lot, but disabled most of them last night but this morning the problem is still happening. The ones I didn't disable are:

Ads Manager
Nodes As Tabs
Resource Managers by Waindigo
XenForo Enhanced Search
XenForo Resource Manager
[cXF] Resource Tabs

[bd] Anonymous Posting

[XFA] Document Manager
[XFA] Extended Permissions
[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak
[XFA] RM Download Manager
[XFA] Search Type Highlight

Any of those the problem?

None of those were on my list.

Its typically something to do with the actual posting that is called. Mine was an early version of onesignal that was causing a huge delay when posting.

I bet if you post ( or even the user ) and it appears not to have posted - if you f5 ( refresh ) the post will be there.

I've only ever seen this happen for some of my members when they use an ad blocker and the page has on-page ads with the work "Advertisement" it kills their AJAX refresh. So the post reply goes through fine but the page is unable to update automatically so they think the post hasn't gone through on their end.

I've only ever seen this happen for some of my members when they use an ad blocker and the page has on-page ads with the work "Advertisement" it kills their AJAX refresh. So the post reply goes through fine but the page is unable to update automatically so they think the post hasn't gone through on their end.
I think this could be what is happening. Because it's randomly once, twice or three times repeats. Depending on how many times they hit Post and wait for it to Post.

I am unsure it would be that, I work for flowerpot132 and the posted messages have the same value in the position column.
If it was what you guys suggest, I would assume this field to be different for both posts.

The problem he's describing sounds like flooding to me. I guesss I must be misunderstanding that setting. I'd be hard pressed to post 2 non-duplicate posts in under 30 seconds. I don't think I could navigate & type that fast unless I were a spam bot. But I can imagine hitting the "Post" button more than once if it didn't seem to respond the first time.

Could it be an adsense or other banner problem, like in this thread:
Ah yes of course. Yes indeed, if you’re using Google AdSense within posts make sure you use the normal synchronous code (asynchronous will break the AJAX for Quick Reply)

Last edited:
I had this problem and it was caused by the Adsense under first post, although I think it was a couple of years ago before the new code. However this was definitely the reason and easily diagnosable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom