Dragonbyte Gallery - import script

Twincam

Hi

We're going to migrate to xenForo from vBulletin 4.2.5. All looks good but I can't find an importer for DragonByte Gallery Pro. When we moved to DragonByte I had to write a custom conversion script. Am I going to have to write another one or has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Alan

As far as I know, no-one has made that conversion yet and I'm currently not aware of any importers. If you want to release the finished importer as an add-on, I have no objections :)
Dammit - trailblazing again :)
My basic plan is:
  1. Buy and install xenForo on a test site
  2. Migrate our forum over and test
  3. Create a sample gallery and get the structure agreed
  4. Take an existing migration script (for example the vBGallery one) and modify it to get the information from DragonByte tables instead of vbGallery tables)
Does that sound reasonable? Any suggestions?

Ta!

About a year ago we had Themehouse create an importer as they migrated both our forum and Dragonbyte gallery from vB over to XenForo. All went rather well and we ran into very few issues. Only thing we didn’t finish were the importing of “likes” but that was mostly because it would have added more “custom work” hours that I didn’t really wanna pay.

Thanks, we're not worried about likes either. I'll bear them in mind if I find it too difficult to get a basic importer going! I'll probably clone the site, convert in place to xenForo and start work later this week then others can test the forum side at the same time.

OK, I have a working import script, but it only does categories and media items. Our gallery is a little unusual in that we don't use albums as such, we have a large collection of photos managed by a couple of people. This is about to change but for the importer that's all I needed.

Top Bottom