1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained DownloadsII -> XenForo Resource Manager Importer 1.0.0

Import categories and downloads from DownloadsII into XenForo Resource Manager

1. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

0ptima submitted a new resource:

DownloadsII -> XenForo Resource Manager Importer - Import categories and downloads from DownloadsII into XenForo Resource Manager

Read more about this resource...

Alfa1 and sadiq6210 like this.
  2. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Great things are accomplished when two Sadiqs meet! :p ... and are Optimaized

0ptima and sadiq6210 like this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Is that because of the issue where it deletes nodes 1 and 2?

If so, that can be overridden:
    PHP:
    public function retainKeysReset() {}
    Define that in your importer and it will override that default behaviour.

4. sadiq6210

sadiq6210 Active Member

Great result guys

To make sure it is working fine, I deleted everything I did during our tests and I installed a cleaned copy
    It is working perfect @0ptima
    Well done :)

This is correct :D:D

0ptima likes this.
  5. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

That option is not taken into consideration by the importer so I did not want someone thinking it would retain IDs or not if it were checked/unchecked.

By default, the importer will retain IDs.

6. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Member

Getting this error once I start import
    Code:
    Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
    Any suggestiong? Thanks :)

7. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Is the resource manager completely empty, including no categories prior to import?

8. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Member

No, it wasn't empty. But I was trying to reinstall resource manager and it didn't help also.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  9. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

You need to delete everything from the resource manager first, including the default category

Goodspeed likes this.
  10. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Member

Thank you! I'll try it now. But another question: my forum has downloadsII 5.1.2 for vb 3.8. And there is no dl2_ prefix for downloads databases. Should I rename them from dl_ to dl2_?

11. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

This converter is for the VB4 version. Dont know about a VB3 version.

Goodspeed likes this.
  12. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Member

I've just imported my DB but for some reasons resource authors were mixed. It looks like import tool move authors by user ID directly, but we got changed ID's for many users since migration from Vbulleting. Is there any way to fix it except of direct MySQL editing? Thank you!

13. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

That is how the addon works. Have you tried re-assigning a resource to someone else?

upload_2015-10-7_19-42-57.png

14. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Member

Yes, I did it but with direct MySQL editing. Thank you very much for that great tool :) You saved tons of our work did recently!

15. karabaja

karabaja Member

Hi!
    I'm not using Resources but I have helped my friend to migrate from vB4 to XF.
    I have done it all by the book. Categories, authors and file names were imported. Everything except the files. :) When I click at 'download' it says "The requested attachment could not be found."
    In the folder "internal data" there's no files although importer reported differently after importing. What could be the problem?

16. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

This addon requires the following
    • Convert Threads to Resources addon to be installed
    • XenForo Resource Manager addon to be installed
    • Valid vBulletin import archive log.
    • A forum to temporarily create threads (temporary threads will be deleted automatically
    Did you install this addon first?
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-threads-to-resources.3166/

17. karabaja

karabaja Member

The problem was max file size in Resource Manager. He had only one file larger than 2048 KB and because of it the other 700 could not be imported. However, there was no reported errors during import process. After I had increased the limit, everything went smoothly. Thank you for replying.

0ptima likes this.
  18. RBenard

RBenard Member

I can import the categories, threads (into forum) but the attachments never get imported... I don't see any warning or nothing. Any clues on what might cause this?

Also, the threads don't get posted on the resources, despite the nobita thread-resources being installed.

Thanks.

19. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Validate that you are are using the correct path to the attachments.

Are the Resource Manager categories created?

20. RBenard

RBenard Member

Yes, and Yes. I've managed to fix from vB Downloads II. Apparently it needs to be standard.