1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download Overlay in Member Area

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Lisa, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Not so much a suggestion for XenForo, but a request for the Member area.

When downloading the software, could it possibly close the overlay once we've clicked download. Not a big deal really, just tired of pressing download and then having to press cancel to lose the overlay :)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I actually like that it stays open as I have to download both the full and upgrade versions, so it saves me an extra click :)
  3. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Yeah, well you're weird :D
  4. Valter

Valter Active Member

Click Cancel to lose the overlay? Once I click Download I just press Ctrl+W to close the whole browser tab. :D
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Heh me too!

Seems I'm weird too. :p :D
    Lisa likes this.
  6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I have two sites to update so closing the browser and then having to reopen it would be even more irritating than clicking cancel :D
  7. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Says the one not making a fresh install for testing first :D
  8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Why would I need to run a fresh install for testing... I do that on the test site - which also needs upgrading not fresh installing :D
  9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Test site... what's that.... my test site is my live site. :p
    Of course, before I do anything major I ALWAYS to a DB dump and copy the site structure over to .bak.
    Lisa likes this.