Not planned Download all files in a post at once

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I suppose adding a checkbox would do the trick. At times it's very seldom that you have to download all files if multiple attachments are submitted. Giving that choice to members would be better imo.

Absolutely, primary option - single files. But somehow when needed - the lot. I use my site as a document library and sometimes one post can include up to 50 files.

Absolutely, primary option - single files. But somehow when needed - the lot. I use my site as a document library and sometimes one post can include up to 50 files.

Totally agree. With 50 attachments I would be needing such a feature. Luckily I don't have that many files but you never can see what the future brings so it's get's a like for this suggestion.

Can you show me another site that does this? To my knowledge, there simply isn't a way to do this, it's a fundamental principle of the way all web browsers work.

Sure, but is that what's being asked for here? The request like a desire to have the browser individually download multiple files automatically.

Maybe a shopping cart styled functionality, where you can add things that needs to be downloaded and add them into one giant zip file?

I am afraid I can´t show you any other site. I am not aware of the limiting factors for web programming. I thought it would be about the same as other programming.
But I took a look att Gmail and that function is good. The best would be not ta have them zipped and just showing which folder to save the files in but zipping is a very good way too.
Shopping cart makes sense to.

Top Bottom