Lack of interest Allow mods/admins to update all quotes of a post

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

eDaddi

Problem: Somebody posts something not within the rules of the board, or law, and everybody quotes it to call it out. It's a PIA to update all the quotes in a thread with hundreds or replies or when quoted into another topic.

It would be nice if the quotes actually pulled the post from the DB (could save space as well) ... maybe just track any customizations to quoted text
.. or at least have an option for mods/admins to 'update all quotes' when editing or PC'n a user's post.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think the opposite may be true in some cases. Like - you want to publicly preserve the original post contents where the originator can't change them. That would not work if quotes were just an internal X-ref to the original.

I think the opposite may be true in some cases. Like - you want to publicly preserve the original post contents where the originator can't change them. That would not work if quotes were just an internal X-ref to the original.
I 100% get that. That is why I was thinking a mod/admin only option near the 'edit silently' checkbox would be good.

Top Bottom