XF 2.2 Downgrade users who don’t pay

Beerforos advice should be correct. I have an additional usergroup defined like your example above, and it automatically adds (and removes) when their term is up. A Cron runs periodically, which automatically adjusts them back.

Last edited:
Beerforos advice should be correct. I have a secondary usergroup defined like your example above, and it automatically adds (and removes) when their term is up. A Cron runs periodically, which automatically adjusts them back.
what is the CRON? I can try to run it manually to adjust it

In your admin control panel, check in USERS -> USER UPGRADES. This is where you can define "additional user groups" which it will automatically set (and remove) for their membership term. Here is what mine looks like, similar to Beerforos example above:

1637147212856.webp

Mine is in yellow ^, yours would be "supporter".

In your admin control panel, check in USERS -> USER UPGRADES. This is where you can define "additional user groups" which it will automatically set (and remove) for their membership term. Here is what mine looks like, similar to Beerforos example above:

View attachment 260371

Mine is in yellow ^, yours would be "supporter".
Yes I got this, but usergroup downgrade is not happening

1637147588620.webp

Were they ever manually added to that user group? If so, if I recall correctly, the downgrade won't override that.

Best thing to do:
  • Manually upgrade a new/test user (this should promote them to that user group)
  • Downgrade the user from within the admin control panel (this should demote them from that user group)
If that works, then the likelihood is that this user wasn't eligible to be demoted for some (hopefully logical) reason.

If it doesn't work in that limited test I suggest above then there's likely something more significant at play.

Top Bottom