XF 1.5 Double post when replying

tommydamic68

I have seen this a few other times on my forum, sometimes a get an "extra" message block when posting. Any thoughts? Its the block right under the post in the image. actually i believe this to be a double post, a few members have complained its happening to them also. Its random though.

Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 9.34.20 AM.webp

Last edited:
Possibly, yes. Tapatalk have known *cough* issues, so I would try to disable it first.
Yes, I think Tapatalk may be the issue, I have re-uploaded all files to my server and updated the xml file to see if that solves the issue, next may a downgrade a version. getting server errors too.

Code:
ErrorException: file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 - library/Tapatalk/Mail.php:44
Generated By: Toa and Ross, Today at 6:36 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/home/admin/pub...', 44, Array)
#1 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Tapatalk/Mail.php(44): file_get_contents('http://tapatalk...')
#2 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(252): Tapatalk_Mail->wrapMailContainer('The bald eagle ...', 'Annika Laybourn...', '<p style="margi...')
#3 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(217): XenForo_Mail->getPreparedMailHandler('annikalaybourn@...', 'Annika Laybourn', Array, '', '', '')
#4 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(262): XenForo_Mail->queue('annikalaybourn@...', 'Annika Laybourn')
#5 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(164): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#6 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(13): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#7 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): bdTagMe_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#8 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#9 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(557): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#10 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Waindigo/Trophies/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(36): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#11 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Tac/StopHumanSpam/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(169): Waindigo_Trophies_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#12 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Tac/StopHumanSpam/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(87): Tac_StopHumanSpam_ControllerPublic_Thread->addReplyResponse(false)
#13 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Tac_StopHumanSpam_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#14 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#15 /home/admin/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(101) "http://.com/community/threads/the-bald-eagle-has-landed-hendrix-is-home-now.32653/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["message_html"] => string(72) "<p>Oh ps keep posting pics of Hendrix! Never enough Hendrix photos!!</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(92) "http://.com/community/threads/the-bald-eagle-has-landed-hendrix-is-home-now.32653/"
    ["use_own_style"] => string(1) "1"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "c70d001cbd7ab1f41d3d6681bbaa0fb4"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1439116435"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1439113924"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(71) "/community/threads/the-bald-eagle-has-landed-hendrix-is-home-now.32653/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Delete...Close

I have this happen on my forum as well. Happens a few times a week and I get an average of about 250 posts a day. I don't use Tapatalk so it's not going to be that IMHO.

I think this only happens when a user is on a mobile device and the connection is slow, so they click the submit new post button twice or even more times and that's when I think the double post occurs.

Isn't there code in XenForo to reject a duplicate submit?

Not directly. But you should run into the flood protection as a regular user, if you double submit.

The issue is most of the time admin/staff have a bypass flood protection permission.

My addon Post Flood Tweaks could be used to give those groups a minimum 1 second flood protection time which should help.

I have this happen on my forum as well. Happens a few times a week and I get an average of about 250 posts a day. I don't use Tapatalk so it's not going to be that IMHO.

I think this only happens when a user is on a mobile device and the connection is slow, so they click the submit new post button twice or even more times and that's when I think the double post occurs.

It has happen to 3 or 4 members including myself on a desk top computer.

There seems to be a suggestion that it is caused by a double post, but I don't see how it can be. It isn't a double post. Looking at the screenshot it's one post followed by an empty space. If it was a double post, it would contain some actual content, I expect?

Reactions: Xon
There seems to be a suggestion that it is caused by a double post, but I don't see how it can be. It isn't a double post. Looking at the screenshot it's one post followed by an empty space. If it was a double post, it would contain some actual content, I expect?
Correct, I first came about it when I replied to a post and it sort of hung for a few seconds and actually tripled posted. I deleted the duplicates and was left with that screen shot that you see, then my members started reporting double posts and thats what lead me here. I'm really not sure why that block stays there.

Oh sorry, when a read the thread title I assume it was a double post problem, as in the the post is duplicated. Now that I look at the screen shot closer I see the OP has another problem where a post is created with no content.

Top Bottom