1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Double post when replying

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tommydamic68, Aug 9, 2015.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

I have seen this a few other times on my forum, sometimes a get an "extra" message block when posting. Any thoughts? Its the block right under the post in the image. actually i believe this to be a double post, a few members have complained its happening to them also. Its random though.

Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 9.34.20 AM.png

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

After each post or just first post of the thread of the first post of every page?

3. tommydamic68

It was about the 8th post, actually I just had my moderator tell me it happened to her and another member so its not just me.

4. tommydamic68

Could an add on cause this? The only thing I upgraded was Trophies by Waindigo and Tapatalk in the last day or two.

5. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

Possibly, yes. Tapatalk have known *cough* issues, so I would try to disable it first.

Xon likes this.
  6. tommydamic68

Yes, I think Tapatalk may be the issue, I have re-uploaded all files to my server and updated the xml file to see if that solves the issue, next may a downgrade a version. getting server errors too.

Code:
    ErrorException: file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 - library/Tapatalk/Mail.php:44
    Generated By: Toa and Ross, Today at 6:36 AM
    Stack Trace
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/home/admin/pub...', 44, Array)
    #1 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Tapatalk/Mail.php(44): file_get_contents('http://tapatalk...')
    #2 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(252): Tapatalk_Mail->wrapMailContainer('The bald eagle ...', 'Annika Laybourn...', '<p style="margi...')
    #3 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(217): XenForo_Mail->getPreparedMailHandler('annikalaybourn@...', 'Annika Laybourn', Array, '', '', '')
    #4 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(262): XenForo_Mail->queue('annikalaybourn@...', 'Annika Laybourn')
    #5 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(164): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
    #6 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(13): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
    #7 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): bdTagMe_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
    #8 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
    #9 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(557): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #10 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Waindigo/Trophies/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(36): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #11 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Tac/StopHumanSpam/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(169): Waindigo_Trophies_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #12 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/Tac/StopHumanSpam/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(87): Tac_StopHumanSpam_ControllerPublic_Thread->addReplyResponse(false)
    #13 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Tac_StopHumanSpam_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #14 /home/admin/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #15 /home/admin/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #16 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(101) "http://.com/community/threads/the-bald-eagle-has-landed-hendrix-is-home-now.32653/add-reply"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(10) {
        ["message_html"] => string(72) "<p>Oh ps keep posting pics of Hendrix! Never enough Hendrix photos!!</p>"
        ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(92) "http://.com/community/threads/the-bald-eagle-has-landed-hendrix-is-home-now.32653/"
        ["use_own_style"] => string(1) "1"
        ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "c70d001cbd7ab1f41d3d6681bbaa0fb4"
        ["last_date"] => string(10) "1439116435"
        ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1439113924"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(71) "/community/threads/the-bald-eagle-has-landed-hendrix-is-home-now.32653/"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }
    Delete...Close

7. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I have this happen on my forum as well. Happens a few times a week and I get an average of about 250 posts a day. I don't use Tapatalk so it's not going to be that IMHO.

I think this only happens when a user is on a mobile device and the connection is slow, so they click the submit new post button twice or even more times and that's when I think the double post occurs.

Isn't there code in XenForo to reject a duplicate submit?

8. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Not directly. But you should run into the flood protection as a regular user, if you double submit.

The issue is most of the time admin/staff have a bypass flood protection permission.

My addon Post Flood Tweaks could be used to give those groups a minimum 1 second flood protection time which should help.

9. tommydamic68

It has happen to 3 or 4 members including myself on a desk top computer.

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Good point @Xon.

I had mine set to 0.

Admin CP -> Options -> Performance -> Minimum Time Between Messages (seconds)

I now have it set to 5 seconds.

Xon likes this.
  11. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

What is the "Minimum Time Between Messages (seconds)" set to?

12. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There seems to be a suggestion that it is caused by a double post, but I don't see how it can be. It isn't a double post. Looking at the screenshot it's one post followed by an empty space. If it was a double post, it would contain some actual content, I expect?

Xon likes this.
  13. tommydamic68

It's irrelevant, my forum never had this issue until a day or so ago, I do believe it was Tapatalk, installed an older version (2.4.2) and have not had a server error yet. Will see how it goes for the next few hours.

14. tommydamic68

Correct, I first came about it when I replied to a post and it sort of hung for a few seconds and actually tripled posted. I deleted the duplicates and was left with that screen shot that you see, then my members started reporting double posts and thats what lead me here. I'm really not sure why that block stays there.

15. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, when a read the thread title I assume it was a double post problem, as in the the post is duplicated. Now that I look at the screen shot closer I see the OP has another problem where a post is created with no content.