Don't you hate it when user suddenly change their avatar?

I often change my avatar or did when I used another software. The lifespan of my avatar never exceeded over a week and it constantly changed due to me being a designer and liking change. Why does it bother you when a user changes their avatar? Hate is such a strong emotion, why the hatred? Just curious to know the reasoning why.

*waits for peggy to enter* :D

I often change my avatar or did when I used another software. The lifespan of my avatar never exceeded over a week and it constantly changed due to me being a designer and liking change. Why does it bother you when a user changes their avatar? Hate is such a strong emotion, why the hatred? Just curious to know the reasoning why.

LOL because I first remember users by their avatar, then (if liked) I memorize their name .

I'm heeeeeeeere! heheh I am notorious for changing my avatar at least weekly, sometimes more often.
Change can be a good thing, keeps people on their toes. :D

LMAO - I was going to say the same but refrained. ;)
giggle.gif

I personally don't "hate" when someone changes their avatar. But I can see where you are coming from. For me, I can relate to people's avatars as forum members easier than relating to their username. For instance I see dutchbb and that infamous cat avatar, it's almost like his trademark here at xenForo. I see that avatar and know it's dutchbb without even seeing his username. Same as steven s, whatever "chimax" is (I'm assuming beer), a quick glance of the avatar and I know who's statement, remark, or opinion I'm reading, again without referring to a username.
However, if someone wants to change up their avatar every 20 mins, by all means fill your boots. I'm going to support that, I may not recognize who you are, but I'm not going to hold it against you :)

<----There!
It's fine with me if you feel you need/want to change your avatar every 5 sec.
my point is avatar do represent you. In addition to that, it make it easier to navigate your work for us as a community
In the end is up to the user to keep/change their avatar.
===
thanx @trip for your thoughtful comment

It's fine with me if you feel you need/want to change your avatar every 5 sec.
my point is avatar do represent you.

Every 5 seconds? Now that is someone with too much time on their hands.

You're right, your av should represent you. I'm pretty careful to choose av's that do just that. :)

Welcome to xenforo and enjoy your stay.
ah that made my night... lol

I can see your point, but I also like to change my avatar quite a bit, I think this is like my 8th since I joined here lol, would of gone through more than that but was digging the ditch vb one.

Top Bottom