1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you hate it when user suddenly change their avatar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kkm323, Nov 9, 2010.

1. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Don't you hate it when user suddenly change their avatar?

:)

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I often change my avatar or did when I used another software. The lifespan of my avatar never exceeded over a week and it constantly changed due to me being a designer and liking change. Why does it bother you when a user changes their avatar? Hate is such a strong emotion, why the hatred? Just curious to know the reasoning why.

*waits for peggy to enter* :D

3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

If it happens once a month or so it doesn't really bother me. I think users that write in big fat font are probably causing more annoyance.

4. Shelley

LMAO - I was going to say the same but refrained. ;)

5. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

LOL because I first remember users by their avatar, then (if liked) I memorize their name .

6. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I don't like when people use large fonts to emphasis their post.

7. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

sorry if that bothered you :cool:

8. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Not that much, at least it's not in red ;)

9. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

hmmm, me wondering how someone would gradually change it, as opposed to suddenly? :p

Shelley likes this.
  10. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

:D
    gradually = every year
    suddenly = every day

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I'm heeeeeeeere! heheh I am notorious for changing my avatar at least weekly, sometimes more often.
    Change can be a good thing, keeps people on their toes. :D

[​IMG]

12. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

<----There!

13. Trip

Trip Active Member

I personally don't "hate" when someone changes their avatar. But I can see where you are coming from. For me, I can relate to people's avatars as forum members easier than relating to their username. For instance I see dutchbb and that infamous cat avatar, it's almost like his trademark here at xenForo. I see that avatar and know it's dutchbb without even seeing his username. Same as steven s, whatever "chimax" is (I'm assuming beer), a quick glance of the avatar and I know who's statement, remark, or opinion I'm reading, again without referring to a username.
    However, if someone wants to change up their avatar every 20 mins, by all means fill your boots. I'm going to support that, I may not recognize who you are, but I'm not going to hold it against you :)

kkm323 likes this.
  14. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

It's fine with me if you feel you need/want to change your avatar every 5 sec.
    my point is avatar do represent you. In addition to that, it make it easier to navigate your work for us as a community
    In the end is up to the user to keep/change their avatar.
    ===
    thanx @trip for your thoughtful comment

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

aaaand changed! :)

Shelley likes this.
  16. Shelley

Welcome to xenforo and enjoy your stay.

Junior, dutchbb, Peggy and 1 other person like this.
  17. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

ROFL!!!

18. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Or Comic Sans... *shudder*

By the way, just wondering...is there a way to gradually change your avatar, as opposed to doing it suddenly? lol

19. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Every 5 seconds? Now that is someone with too much time on their hands.

You're right, your av should represent you. I'm pretty careful to choose av's that do just that. :)

20. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

ah that made my night... lol

I can see your point, but I also like to change my avatar quite a bit, I think this is like my 8th since I joined here lol, would of gone through more than that but was digging the ditch vb one.