Domain Name question

TPerry

Would a domain of anothercamera.com get the idea across of a photography/camera related site? I know that when I get to looking at them, all my wife says is "Why do you want another camera". ;)
Sound like a good domain name?

Last edited:
I actually like the domain name! I personally think it'd be for a camera company releasing a camera or something related to that but I can see where you were coming from and it might work.

I actually like the domain name! I personally think it'd be for a camera company releasing a camera or something related to that but I can see where you were coming from and it might work.
I just tagged wetalkcameras.com also. Will have to decide which I want to use - heck, at only $10.89 to register I can afford to go a little wild. :p
Well, i did go a "little" wild. Since I'm getting into telescopes also, I registered celestialpics.com, darksyview.com and darkskywatch.com. Think I'm going to go with something like CopperMine gallery for the celestialpics.com site. Now time to save up the pennies for 3 more copies of xenForo.

Last edited:
That sounds really catchy.
It does... but cameraderie.com is linked back to baicapture.com with BAIcapture - a photo booth setup based in the Philippines and Singapore. Good tie in - but wrong targeted locale in case someone accidentally uses the .com extension.

And if someone was just wanting to go to the golfing one and they were not net savvy - they'd normally put the .COM extension on there and then hit some of MY favorite games. :D

I'm just partial to the .COM extension since people (for whatever reason) associate it with an internet address.(n)
I did grab the .ORG/.NET/.US extensions I use on my Apple site.. but now that I'm sitting at 18+ domains already this is getting to be an expensive hobby.

Dang, I forgot how bottom-backwards myBB was. I am in the process of setting it up for my http://darkskywatch.com forum. I guess I've gotten to used to the ease of xenForo! :whistle:
Now if i could get that star gazing @Shelley and her "like minded" star gazing aficionado's to get it off the ground. ;)

Heck, if he going to have a gallery on it he could go with WarriorShots.com then! :D
How about cameraspeak.com?

On a related note, the astronomy one finally got pre-finished. Now I just got to go back and re-learn how myBB is styled out.
Also have to work on the logo a little more
darksky.webp

Here are just a few ideas:

JjustCameras.net
ChatCameras.net
CameraFocus.com/net
CameraClarity.net
DisqusCameras.com/net
DiscussCameras.com/net
CameraAuthority.net
Cameras101.net/com
Cameras.travel (travel oriented cameras??)
LearnCameras.net
CameraXpert.com/net
CamXpert.net
TalkCameras.net/com
LensChat.net
PointAndShoot.org

Cameras.pe ($50/yr)

I once styled a mybb to look and act just like a xenforo.. but them i was like .. gah.. this is too much hassle and just bought another xenforo XD

I once styled a mybb to look and act just like a xenforo.. but them i was like .. gah.. this is too much hassle and just bought another xenforo XD
Yeah - it's a real hassle to style compared to xenForo. Only thing is, since I don't know how well they will do I don't want to drop another $300+ for licenses on forums that may not take off - especially considering that for me, it's just a hobby. I already have 3 licenses. It will be easier (now that there is an importer for it) just to use myBB to start out with. No way am I going to use phpBB - went through THAT nightmare when I first started playing with forums. There ARE several things I like about myBB that I wish xenForo would implement:
  • Built in DB backup routines
  • Order forums from the main view in the ACP (even better would be how phpBB does it)
  • Optimize DB from the ACP
  • Multi-Quote capability
  • Ability to add in spiders/bots from ACP
Those are the main ones I like.

Top Bottom