1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Does Xenforo Feeder Require Xenforo Gallery?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Valor, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Valor

Valor New Member

I have been trying to find an answer to this question for about an hour and don't see anything specifically related.

I currently have XenPorta and XenMedio installed and went to try and set up an RSS feed to create threads in a news forum and am getting this error:

Please let me know if there's anything I can do with my current add-ons or if I will need to grab Xenfor Gallery as well just to run the news feed on my home page.

Server Error
    Invalid model 'XenGallery_Model_Category' specified

1. XenForo_Model::create() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 101
    2. XenForo_Controller->getModelFromCache() in ReckonsTeam/VideosFromFeed/ControllerAdmin/Feed.php at line 50
    3. ReckonsTeam_VideosFromFeed_ControllerAdmin_Feed->_getMediaCategoryModel() in ReckonsTeam/VideosFromFeed/ControllerAdmin/Feed.php at line 29
    4. ReckonsTeam_VideosFromFeed_ControllerAdmin_Feed->actionAdd() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/dev/html/admin.php at line 13
    Thank you!!!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The gallery add-on is not require for the feeder.

That error appears to be related to the videos from feed third party add-on.

You should inform the developer of that add-on so they can release a fix,

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Brogan likes this.
  4. Valor

Valor New Member

Thank you for this information, and that makes sense. I am going to research whether I can find a way to utilize XenMedio and Xenforo Media Gallery simultaneously, though common sense tells me that won't work.

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Actually, it should. Some effort was put into allowing them to "co-habit" a few years ago. One thing you will need to do is go to Admin CP > Route Filters and change the "xengallery => media" route filter to "xengallery => gallery" (or another name of your choosing).

Though it isn't really related to this problem...

6. Valor

Valor New Member

It is immensely related to this problem as I only bought one of the two and in order to use the add-on which pulls youtube videos into the site, I'll need both. Then I get to try and figure out how to port that into Xenmedio. Sounds easy... but it never is. :D