Does Xenforo come already with Captcha to prevent Spams

emmy

I was going through the demo and discovered that it has Captcha - Wondering if the software has this already or needs a add-on?

There are no third party add-ons installed in XenForo; neither in the demo nor this forum.

The only official add-ons which are installed are the Resource Manager and Enhanced Search.

I was going through the demo and discovered that it has Captcha - Wondering if the software has this already or needs a add-on?

To answer your question, these are the following two Captchas built into the core:

7Pbe8Gp.png

There are alternate ones available as third party add ons.

Instead of creating another thread - I have decided to ask the last one here. if a user logs in with facebook/google etc and complete other infos - does the forum count this as a number for members count? Just wondering if i can disable the log in with facebook/google and allow users to sign up?

Please advise

Worth noting there is a plugin out there that can negate the need to even run a captcha. Spambots will defeat the captcha but check out FoolBotHoneyPot along with other projects (I only run that one). Had 3 spambots this year get through, much much less than if it was captcha only. That and I really like the idea of it being clean with nothing to make life difficult for the user.

Instead of creating another thread - I have decided to ask the last one here. if a user logs in with facebook/google etc and complete other infos - does the forum count this as a number for members count? Just wondering if i can disable the log in with facebook/google and allow users to sign up?

Please advise

I don't know why my posts are showing up after you when I swore I posted before and even got a notification of your reply later but lol...

Yes they are users in the database just the same as anyone else. Honestly some people disable facebook registrations to prevent facebook generated spam accounts but I haven't noticed anything running the anti spam plugin I mentioned before.

Top Bottom