Do you plan to run XenForo beta live?

Puntocom

I can't wait to make a live board with XenForo, although it's in beta, I suppose there will be no problems, so I will probably run a new community the first day XenForo is available.

And you?

I feel that this beta will be golder than gold. I have much confidence in this team and I feel that this is the way the things should be done.

My congratulations to Kier, Mike and Ashley. Keep on the good work!!!!!!

Initial thought would be to run it parallel in sorts to the vB forum. Let folks play around a bit and get some feedback. BTW, love the fact that you break out the Staff on Line from the Members List.

Since I will be starting fresh with this install and not need an importer I may just run the beta live. I don't expect too many people to register, so I hope my forum in production will be a great bug finder for the XenForo team. I hope they just don't get sick of my reports ;).

The conversations would be a good replacement for chat.
No they wouldn't.

Chat is live, conversations aren't.

Conversations are limited to 5 participants (at present) and require invitations.
Chat is free for all to use as and when they want.

We often have 40-50 people in chat so a conversation involving that many people just isn't feasible or practical.

Speaking of chat, I've just inquired with Brian at Flashchat as to whether or not he's thinking of building a script bridge for XenForo.
Waiting for an answer.

Speaking of chat, I've just inquired with Brian at Flashchat as to whether or not he's thinking of building a script bridge for XenForo.
Waiting for an answer.
Thanks Peggy.

What's Flashchat?
And by bridge do you mean it would be linked but not part of the software so the style and everything else would be different?

On vBulletin, Flashchat takes info from your database, so that when you're logged into vB, you can go right into chat if you wish, no need to log in to the chatroom.
It has it's own skins tho, doesn't use the forum skins. It sits right on your forum, meaning that when you open the chatroom window, you still have your forum in the background so your can both browse your forum, and chat in the chatroom.

He has flashchats for IPB, phpbb, smf, mybb, vB, etc. I'm hoping he'll do it for XF as well.

Here's the link - FlashChat.

Ah, OK, thanks Peggy.

I will be looking to have a chat which is fully integrated using ajax so it looks and feels like part of the same site.
Hopefully someone will do something similar to what StarTrekGuide did for phpBB.

Top Bottom