Do You or Your Members Have Stalkers?

DRE

Do you or your members have stalkers? Have your stalkers or your member's stalkers ever caused drama on your board and if so what did you do?

One of my members has a stalker that sends her 100 messages a day on Facebook and PMs everyone on her FB for info. A couple days ago she posted a pic of her in a tight shirt for a 'Competition' thread and he print-screened it and sent it to her fam on Facebook. lol So I closed registrations since I already have ragtek's Invite & Referrer System activated. I then deleted all members with zero posts. It's really no sweat off my back because most contributing members of my site are people I personally invited.

I lost track, I --painfully so-- learned that the only and best approach is to not acknowledge their existence or let it in any shape or form poison yours.

I lost track, I --painfully so-- learned that the only and best approach is to not acknowledge their existence or let it in any shape or form poison yours.
This chick was stalked through Facebook though. Facebook is a major source of drama.

This chick was stalked through Facebook though. Facebook is a major source of drama.
No offense but girls that post 'tight shirts' or other crappy **** only to get attention, that is exactly what they end up getting, lots of it.

I've had a couple of online stalkers. One of them just likes to cause trouble, making stories up about me randomly, which I just ignore..... the other was a bit weirder but I know some very large ex-military men and he got an introduction and decided leaving me alone would be a good idea :D

Let's be realistic, Facebook is so damn privacy invading it's pretty much begging to be used for stalking.

Sure, there's privacy settings, but they end up being changed by Facebook every other day anyway.

Yes....and yes. Try running a political forum. Some people are down right mean. I have at least 2 I suspect to be mentally disturbed as well.

One of my moderators has told me some crazy stories about some of her stalkers. And our community also has a couple of recurring trolls, though not all of them are so horrible.

Yes, to the point of police reports. But if a stalker is clever, he can get away with murder. Unfortunately.

There are various things you can do, but I wouldn't discuss anything on open forum. That would only make things worse.

Okay so I disabled ragtek's invites addon since I decided that I will the only person to add people to the site. When that happened the stalker was able to join because after you disable the invite's addon, your options are 'enable registrations' by default. lol It was such a short period of time too. He made a female alias. It was easy to tell who it was because no one joins my site randomly, that fast. That's just weird. So I deleted his account immediately. Then after that happened he sent emails complaining about it which pretty much gave him away.

When all this drama started I was very annoyed but after figuring ways to deal with it I am glad because it was a great learning experience.

In real life, yes.

On the internet, also yes.

Both... god help me, but yes.

We have 1 super troll who likes to threaten people with physical, mental, emotional, and even legal harm. Been banning him for over 2 years. Should you find a user named Tommy Tooter ..... God help you.

In real life, yes.

On the internet, also yes.

Both... god help me, but yes.

We have 1 super troll who likes to threaten people with physical, mental, emotional, and even legal harm. Been banning him for over 2 years. Should you find a user named Tommy Tooter ..... God help you.
i know him lol

Top Bottom