1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like this logo?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Puntocom, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

It's handwritten by a calligrapher for a sibaritism community in spanish. Kirfis is the name of the mountain of Sibaris.

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In a word. No.

Hard to explain, but it looks to cramped up and busy to me, and the K just looks like a different type of calligraphy where as the irfis looks similar to earch other.

I think you need to get the lower case letters to a standard size, on a straight line, and larger, even if you have the "dips" on the r and f, the tops still need to line up. The K needs to be de-done alltogether.

In my opinion ofc :)
    Anthony Parsons and Puntocom like this.
  3. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

Thanks, feedback is welcome!
  4. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

I think it could be improved further, specially make it more easily readable. For example "K" in some angle resembling open R, similarly "r" could be more clear.

Hope this helps :)

Puntocom likes this.
  5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

can you provide a long sentence with the font
    Puntocom likes this.
  6. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I won't say I like it personally, but with some adjustments, and if used in the right circumstances, something like this can work.
  7. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

One more thing to add, people (including me) will have zillion different opinion, go for what your mind/heart says is right. There are tones of legendary logos around which normal thinking people like us would not have gone for (Coca Cola, Google, and so on). Ultimately your community environment creates a brand and not otherwise.
  8. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Looks OK to me - it's hard to judge properly without seeing it in context though.
    Blandt likes this.