Do You Have Business Cards For Your Site?

DRE

Have any of you ever made or thought about making a business card for your website? Thinking bout making some. I'm sitting here googling business cards trying to figure out what I want it to look like.

Is your website an actual business? If so I'd imagine that you probably would have some.

What is your website/niche, I'd try designing something related to that (mine are dirt bike related).

Is your website an actual business? If so I'd imagine that you probably would have some.

What is your website/niche, I'd try designing something related to that (mine are dirt bike related).

The 8th Legion is a media law and entertainment forum with blogs, chat, arcade and member gallery.​
Artists, authors, musicians, models and photographers can network, socialize and learn how to copyright their work.​

^^I'm thinking about putting that in.

The 8th Legion is a media law and entertainment forum with blogs, chat, arcade and member gallery.​
Artists, authors, musicians, models and photographers can network, socialize and learn how to copyright their work.​

^^I'm thinking about putting that in.
Seems like a lot of text for a business card. I think the simpler, the better.

Have any of you ever made or thought about making a business card for your website? Thinking bout making some. I'm sitting here googling business cards trying to figure out what I want it to look like.

We have done some 'you've been spotted' cards in the past. They're sort of useful, but its the age old thing - people ask for them and then when they're done, the same people are nowhere to be seen.

These are examples of what we did...

The backside of the cards was standard....
backside.webp

And there were various different front designs.....

sv.webp

tf.webp

zt.webp

Stickers are a must though, get a decent supplier and you can make a nice profit on them - all helps to pay the hosting bills.

I am getting request from members about business cards and stickers for cars.
Someone charged me $50 to design a business card lol. I've seen online templates for business cards though. So try googling some first if you can't find a lower price. I might make one myself in photoshop.

I need to download microsoft office again.

We have done some 'you've been spotted' cards in the past. They're sort of useful, but its the age old thing - people ask for them and then when they're done, the same people are nowhere to be seen.

These are examples of what we did...

The backside of the cards was standard....
View attachment 23797

And there were various different front designs.....

View attachment 23798

View attachment 23799

View attachment 23800

Stickers are a must though, get a decent supplier and you can make a nice profit on them - all helps to pay the hosting bills.
Wow that's a perfect idea for a car business card.

This is the back of my card, some might call it a "cluttered", I call it the Super Rugby schedule for the year!

Takes a bit to be able to read it, but it's only the back - front is clean and has the usual. Those who do want 4 months of rugby kickoff times in their wallet have another reason to keep the card!

gagr-business-card-back-v11.png

Someone charged me $50 to design a business card lol. I've seen online templates for business cards though. So try googling some first if you can't find a lower price. I might make one myself in photoshop.

I need to download microsoft office again.

Depends what kind of business cards you need . I probably can get you for cheaper price. PC me.

For $30 you can order 100 piece cards.

I have some cards that I had made up a couple years ago to hand out at trade shows. Ive given out a lot and they were definetly worth doing. I have a new logo now though so will be looking at some new cards, and also trying to come up with a clever use of QR codes

I get most of my print stuff (business cards, fliers) done at vistaprint.com (<--affiliate link).

I found some cheap, but still good quality, 2"x8" (bumper) stickers here. psprint.com (<--another affiliate link :p ). If I remember right they were ~0.09 (USD) each if you bought 2,500, I hand them out like candy. The unexpected thing was that members started "tagging" with them. lol

Also if you're looking for coffee mugs and other more expensive items, check out www.discountmugs.com I bought a few cases of mugs and have been pretty happy with them.

EDIT: If you do get any stickers make sure to get the vinyl ones as they'll last longer.

Vistaprint are fine, but when printing double sided, the backside isn't as glossy or matt as the front, so if you're using graphics on both sides, the one side will look rather 'flat'. The first lot of cards we did were done using VP and in the end I chucked them away.

I used a company in the UK called Moo.com - the cards are top quality and this was rather important as the cards introduce your site to someone, if someone gets a poor quality card, it doesn't reflect well on the site, imo.

Just be warey of going OTT with merchandise, we got some polos, baseball caps and keyrings done back in 2009 - we've still got the majority of the stock. Many people were nagging me to get them done, then, oddly, they evaporated when I spent over £1000 getting them all made up.

Just be warey of going OTT with merchandise, we got some polos, baseball caps and keyrings done back in 2009 - we've still got the majority of the stock. Many people were nagging me to get them done, then, oddly, they evaporated when I spent over £1000 getting them all made up.

I'm just about to order 600+ t-shirts and I know what you're saying. People are quick to put their name forward for stuff but when it comes to putting their hand in their pocket things can quickly change

Some of vistaprints stuff is OK, but always seems to lack any real feeling of quality.

I had a few mousemats made just before christmas for our annual charity raffle, they came out pretty good

82280d1323529838-arbtalk-christmas-raffle-2011-mousemat.jpg

Some of vistaprints stuff is OK, but always seems to lack any real feeling of quality.

I had a few mousemats made just before christmas for our annual charity raffle, they came out pretty good

82280d1323529838-arbtalk-christmas-raffle-2011-mousemat.jpg
Depends what you want - I hate fabric mousemats with a passion, I got some hardback (Britemat) mats made up last year - far better imo. Fabric ones discolour and wear very quickly, particularly where your wrist sits.

Top Bottom