Do You Have an Online Store Front?

Dante_B

Within your Xenforo Forums, How are you managing an online store front? I'm talking about selling Physical goods such as, Community Apparel. Shirts, hats, sweaters, stickers, etc.

What script are you using? Third Party Addon? Any details about your store / forum would be greatly appreciated!

WordPress and WooCommerce at the moment, but that's mainly used for some 3rd party adverts.

I'm tinkering with OpenCart at the moment as I have a specific need which Woo won't do without a paid add on.

I've been using OpenCart since 2009, and even managed to find a theme that was pretty similar to UI.X so it ties in nicely with my forum.

Http://zroadster.org

Now I've figure out the basics of OpenCart, I'll be looking to make it similar-ish to the WP site. Will probably only be used for a couple of months, then mothballed.

I'm getting some custom mugs made up for the members and I want to make the process streamlined. OC allows images to be uploaded as part of the order process. Means I don't need people to email me files, or have to upload them somewhere separately.

Will also come in handy with the obligatory forum calendar I'll be producing again this year!

Within your Xenforo Forums, How are you managing an online store front? I'm talking about selling Physical goods such as, Community Apparel. Shirts, hats, sweaters, stickers, etc.

What script are you using? Third Party Addon? Any details about your store / forum would be greatly appreciated!

We don't. My forum is based around a 3rd party 'game', and therefore all the images are trademarked, and as such I can't use them for monetary gain ;)

Liam

I have a headacheabout Paypal fees - my clients keep sending my fee which arrives with bits chopped off.
I can set a fee for UK residents because I know how much Paypal will add extra.
But if my clients are outside UK Paypal charges all different fees on top of mine.
How can I pre-set it somehow so the fee arrives to me with the correct amount and adds the Paypal fee for them as they pay?

We are just about to update our online store but before we do we are seeing if there are any stores that allow for XF integration but there doesn't seem to be any other than Michaels MicroCart addon which doesn't suit. Currently we use CS-Cart and have done since it was released some 8 years ago so we have a life time license with free upgrades...it was a first release special. The problem with CS-Cart is that whilst it is extremely powerful with every conceivable addon already included in its core, it doesn't have XF integration and they would charge $1,000 to do it. My site using the old version of CS-Cart is at www.clearprop.com.au a bit different to the new version just released by CS-Cart

I am desperately looking for an alternative for CS-Cart that can be integrated with XF...it has to be able to have shipping of products based on product weight and Australia Post look up for shipping costs. CS-Cart does all this except for XF integration so if anyone knows of any cart software that has an XF bridge, please let me know

I have used joomla + virtuemart covered every need for us. We were selling monthly subscription and other digital products but virtuemart is primarily designed for retail products

But if I need to start a small store then I would go for something like shopify.

Top Bottom