Do they want us...

It's better to report a reported bug than not report a non reported bug, of course not intentionally. If your just reposting a bug to make it seen then don't :)

It's better to report a reported bug than not report a non reported bug, of course not intentionally. If your just reposting a bug to make it seen then don't :)
I meant, if I come across a suggestion or a bug that has already been posted, should I report the new post/thread so that the moderators can merge or lock the thread (as necessary)? Or do they want us to let them find the duplicates themselves?

I'll let Peggy and Lawrence answer this - generally we prefer that the report button be used for bad posts, but I guess it depend on how they would like to use it.

Thanks Kier.

Generally I like to use the report feature for bad posts/threads.

However, we have seen how quickly duplicate threads can get out of hand. We were NOT prepared for the explosion of members/posts here when the guys opened the site. And it's only going to get better (worse) when the software is released. With this in mind, if you do find a duplicate thread, please feel free to report it.

As for bugs, post those in the bug report forum as usual.

Thanks Nick and everyone, we appreciate your help! :)

It should be used for reporting "questionable" posts, but with the amount of enthusiasm demonstrated here in such a short period of time we do appreciate the reporting of duplicate threads. It has been a real time saver.

I just want to say thank you all for your contributions in helping make XenForo the best forum software there is, and just as important, making this one outstanding community to be a part of.

It should be used for reporting "questionable" posts, but with the amount of enthusiasm demonstrated here in such a short period of time we do appreciate the reporting of duplicate threads. It has been a real time saver.

I just want to say thank you all for your contributions in helping make XenForo the best forum software there is, and just as important, making this one outstanding community to be a part of.
I'm reporting your post.

:p

... generally we prefer that the report button be used for bad posts, but I guess it depend on how they would like to use it.
Someone also used the report feature to report a couple of spammy posts today. I absolutely encourage this, as well.

When I used the report button overhere to get the attention of the XenMods (to change a threadtitle), I wasn't sure if I could use it for this purpose. Since more people are asking this question, wouldn't it be handy if there was a little guiding text on the report-popup? Saying: 'Please only use this for reporting x, x, and x....'. So since that would be a phrase, every customer of XenForo can change it to their likings, so the function can be used differently and different boards and it would be clear to the enduser.

That could be a good idea Grover. However, there's no hard rule governing what the report button can or can't be used for. We told you our preferences, yes, but if you should see something else that you think really needs reporting, I wouldn't want you to be thrown off by a text saying you can report only x, x, and x.

Having said that, tho, rather than using report for a thread title change, you could pc either me or Lawrence for that.

That could be a good idea Grover. However, there's no hard rule governing what the report button can or can't be used for. We told you our preferences, yes, but if you should see something else that you think really needs reporting, I wouldn't want you to be thrown off by a text saying you can report only x, x, and x.

Having said that, tho, rather than using report for a thread title change, you could pc either me or Lawrence for that.

Roger :).

Thanks Kier.

Generally I like to use the report feature for bad posts/threads.

However, we have seen how quickly duplicate threads can get out of hand. We were NOT prepared for the explosion of members/posts here when the guys opened the site. And it's only going to get better (worse) when the software is released. With this in mind, if you do find a duplicate thread, please feel free to report it.

As for bugs, post those in the bug report forum as usual.

Thanks Nick and everyone, we appreciate your help! :)

Mah, that's what they have mods for :) ^_^

Top Bottom