Disreputable service providers

If I was looking for a developer to do a custom job for me, I would avoid this fahad guy just because of his atrocious English. That's a big red flag and no, saying English is not one's native language isn't an excuse. I can see that the problem is deeper than that from the kind of gross mistakes that he's making.
If his English is atrocious, I don't dare think how to judge mine. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
His poor English seems to me to be the least of the problems. Here we are, in all likelihood, dealing with a scammer. English improves, honesty and seriousness either exist or not.

If his English is atrocious, I don't dare think how to judge mine. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
His poor English seems to me to be the least of the problems. Here we are, in all likelihood, dealing with a scammer. English improves, honesty and seriousness either exist or not.
You're ok lol. I'm not talking about perfect English, just so that it doesn't sound so broken and that the writer's thought processes look broken too.

You're ok lol. I'm not talking about perfect English, just so that it doesn't sound so broken and that the writer's thought processes look broken too.

Different languages have different sentence or grammatical structures, and that will lead to requiring a different thought process when speaking those languages. Knowing proficient English is great for communicating in a global industry, but more often than not people are just going to be 'good enough' at English unless they are from a country that speaks English primarily or secondary.

There are other people who are not great at English on this forum who I have hired to do work, or who I have worked with and are fantastic programmers/designers 🤷‍♂️.

There is also one person who has scammed multiple times, barely delivered what he has promised but speaks native English so...

Gents, I've explained my reasoning in post 100. 🙂
Having them clearly expressed doesn't make them smart. And frankly, motivating your refusal of a job by the fact that the programmer "speaks terrible English" doesn't seem like a smart motivation to me. Especially when we are talking about a programmer who, at best, is a clueless scoundrel, and a scammer at worst.
Here you are in a world-wide community, where English is conventionally used, being the most widespread language in the West. But in private transaction, your reasoning it's totally unacceptable. English it is not the most important language in the world. There is also Arabic and Chinese. And there are Indian, Vietnamese, Arab, Russian programmers, who may not have a perfect language but are excellent programmers.
XenForo needs excellent programmers, not people who play Shakspeare's Hamlet for you or who can talk to Biden or Queen Elizabeth.
As an Italian and a non-English speaker, I feel offended.

Having them clearly expressed doesn't make them smart. And frankly, motivating your refusal of a job by the fact that the programmer "speaks terrible English" doesn't seem like a smart motivation to me. Especially when we are talking about a programmer who, at best, is a clueless scoundrel, and a scammer at worst.
Here you are in a world-wide community, where English is conventionally used, being the most widespread language in the West. But in private transaction, your reasoning it's totally unacceptable. English it is not the most important language in the world. There is also Arabic and Chinese. And there are Indian, Vietnamese, Arab, Russian programmers, who may not have a perfect language but are excellent programmers.
XenForo needs excellent programmers, not people who play Shakspeare's Hamlet for you or who can talk to Biden or Queen Elizabeth.
Language barriers for me have been part of the most fun I've had on the web. And also some of the most educational. Overcoming the barrier is an enriching challenge which I welcome, I don't shrink from it. Command of the english language says nothing at all about someone's command of programming languages.

I think you're missing my point.

XenForo has no obligations towards its customers. I don't understand where the disappointment comes from.

The obligation comes when this forum let people advertise services, and the people who advertise here become known to scam people. This is the official Xenforo forum, and to be honest even in an "unofficial one" people who commit fraud are banned period.

I'm still waiting some kind of measure to be taken to address this matter. This thread is almost 4 months old and still nothing happened. I think is under the sun that 2 developers offering services here can be defined "sketchy" at best.

Last but not least can we keep this thread on topic? I don't know how people who pretend to administer forums, and tell other people how to behave in a private shared online space, can go off topic on a thread this serious. Thanks.

P.S I and other people get notified for every post you make in this thread ;)

This is the official Xenforo forum, and to be honest even in an "unofficial one" people who commit fraud are banned period.
But is a forum, whether official or unofficial, comparable to a court of law and so able to determine what is fact and what is hearsay?

My forum is sometimes asked to do so, ie act as judge and jury, and I do not feel comfortable or qualified in that regard. Hence our marketplace has disclaimers of liability and makes very clear the concept of caveat emptor (more Latin)

But is a forum, whether official or unofficial, comparable to a court of law and so able to determine what is fact and what is hearsay?

My forum is sometimes asked to do so, ie act as judge and jury, and I do not feel comfortable or qualified in that regard. Hence our marketplace has disclaimers of liability and makes very clear the concept of caveat emptor (more Latin)

If the code is found to not be in compliance with the resource standards (multiple times), or the code is found to be stolen from other developers (multiple times), XF is well within their right to remove the individual(s) from doing business on XF.

Last edited:
comparable to a court of law and so able to determine what is fact and what is hearsay

A fact is a fact. A stolen code can be proved as such. A contract not respected by one of the two individuals involved can be proven as such.

I will pay you 1 dollar for X, Y, Z I receive X, Y but not Z. If you can prove it then the other individual need to prove his innocence.

That's it.

Reactions: FTL
He walks by stealing codes from here and there yet still wanders here freely. He should be kicked out with the rest of his squad.

Looks like fahad is still active and continues to scam people.
I have always said, being derided for this by the senators of this forum, that the main cause of the decay of a great software for forums, blogs, and so on, is that the official forums do not isolate scammers and scoundrels. A software forum, however complete as XenForo is, is not enough to satisfy every need - which is why many programmers develop custom add-ons - and therefore needs a community of reliable developers to revolve around it.
Today XenForo is in excellent health and I hope it will always be like this because I love XenForo. But if staff doesn't intervene to isolate those who take advantage of the good faith of customers, we risk ending up in the same way as vBulletin.
Which, among the innumerable causes of its decline, also sees the presence of scammers (Fahad also raged on vBulletin.org) and time wasters.
One of these was also a staffer, so to speak.

Looks like fahad is still active and continues to scam people.
The recent case was investigated. I’m not going to comment on specifics but the complainant didn’t want to take it further and from the information given to me it is clear there was nothing untoward going on outside of poorly managed expectations and a lack of communication on both sides.

The recent case was investigated. I’m not going to comment on specifics but the complainant didn’t want to take it further and from the information given to me it is clear there was nothing untoward going on outside of poorly managed expectations and a lack of communication on both sides.
Yes, but the fact that many are complaining is more than enough evidence to draw conclusions.
I would personally be of the humble opinion that the XenForo community should develop an escrow system, complete with feedback, to ensure both customers and developers.

Top Bottom