Disqus Implementation With Bridge?

BigPete7978

Hi all I have a couple of questions that we are trying to implement at a site I help with.

Currently the front end of the site is WordPress with a Disqus commenting system. I was wondering if there was a way to bridge Wordpress to Xenforo and have Disqus as the account login so users aren't having to log in twice. Or maybe link a Disqus account to a Xenforo account permanently.

WordPress is the front end of the site, the forums are for discussion, and Disqus will be used as accounts between the two essentially. Just wondering if that is at all possible.

We are just trying to make it a seamless integration between the two, and the site uses Disqus and want to keep that as well.

Anybody? I've looked everywhere for details on this and can't find anything on it. I just want to register with Disqus and it replace the normal registration aspects. Is this even possible?

I just got an email from DISQUS and noticed that single-sign-on capabilities are now free. Previously they charged $99/month for that. It means you can now use Wordpress as the front end of your site and enable disqus comments and use single sign on so when people log into wordpress they are logged into disqus. Then you can link the disqus profile avatar and username to xenforo's back end and profile area, making unified commenting system between xenforo and wordpress. The only parts missing are to have a xenforo account created when a wordpress account is created. Then when someone logs into Wordpress have them be also logged into xenforo. Do this and you'll have a fully integrated experience. CMS and forum.

I just got an email from DISQUS and noticed that single-sign-on capabilities are now free. Previously they charged $99/month for that. It means you can now use Wordpress as the front end of your site and enable disqus comments and use single sign on so when people log into wordpress they are logged into disqus. Then you can link the disqus profile avatar and username to xenforo's back end and profile area, making unified commenting system between xenforo and wordpress. The only parts missing are to have a xenforo account created when a wordpress account is created. Then when someone logs into Wordpress have them be also logged into xenforo. Do this and you'll have a fully integrated experience. CMS and forum.
Excellent idea but seems difficult to implement

And ... after posting that message ... LOL

http://myxenforohelp.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-to-add-disqus-comments-system-to.html

Maybe this is more helpful.

It's clumsy. It's like a comment system within a forum, almost resembling the clusterfudge of vB5 (which in the trial I used, let you comment on posts....WTF is up with that?). So a forum member can't directly reply to a Disqus post without joining Disqus, and a Disqus member can't directly reply to a forum post. The unmoderated "wild" of Disqus also means we have to assign extra moderators to manually approve all posts (I would not allow unmoderated posts, given the type of mentality on the Internet today). Having said all that, it might be a good way to lure in new members--Disqus is limited in what it offers, and the "perks" of joining a forum might encourage them to join. I already use a bridge system, and it is still a clumsy setup at times. But, it at least keeps comments in XF where they belong.

Top Bottom