Add-on Dispute Resolution

Wesker

There aren't any active mods like this but something I myself and I'm sure others would be interested in is a dispute resolution mod. There are other ways to go about doing this other than a mod but just a recommendation.

This product will allow you to configure a forum so that only a thread creator, their nominated list of disputed members, and moderators are able to reply to the thread. When a dispute thread is created a PM will be sent to all those involved in the dispute.

On my site we have a lot of people selling items, and occasionally something goes wrong during the process. Before we had this product a member would post up about their problem and it became a free-for-all with 'friends' of both sides posting up slating the other side for being wrong and generally turning into a slanging match until the thread eventually got locked. Now, thanks to this product, only those actually involved in the dispute can reply. This has resulted in almost all of our disputes being resolved in a way where both sides are happy.

As of version 4.0.8.1 it is now possible to configure this product to run in "Private Dispute" mode. This extends the normal functionality described above to also prevent those not in the dispute from being able to view the contents of the thread. They can still see it exists but any thread preview text, or opening the thread itself, will show a "You are not authorised to participate in this dispute" message.

As of version 4.0.8.2 it is now possible to configure this product to run in "Extra Privacy" mode. This extends the "Private Dispute" functionality described above to also prevent those not in the dispute from being able to see the thread exists. With this setting enabled dispute threads will not be shown when browsing a forum if the user is not the thread creator, on the disputed list, or a moderator.

As of version 4.1.3.0 it is now possible to make entering the disputed user names optional via the "Optional Disputes" setting. You can also enable the dispute functionality on all forums by enabling the "Globally Enabled" setting.

As of version 4.1.4.0 it is now possible for the thread creator, or a moderator, to edit the threads dispute list by performing an advanced edit on any post in the thread which they have permission to edit. Upgrade instructions for this version can be found here.

As of version 4.1.4.1 it is now possible to create a dispute against a single user group by enabling the "Enable Usergroups" setting. This will allow anyone in the user group to participate in the dispute, as well as anyone on the normal dispute list. PM notifications won't be sent to the user group. This version also fixes several bugs with the Private Dispute option where searches would still show a dispute thread even if the user wasn't allowed to participate in the dispute.

same.. I used this mod so much on vbulletin and am hanging out for it here!

Please someone port it!

Top Bottom