Resource icon

Display E-Mail Address in Profile 1.1

No permission to download
Nice work :)

I think it would be great to have the email icon/image 'floating' on the actual avatar (showing once per thread option?) around the site.

But, other than that, it's all good :)

I think a way to email users from the site would be really cool. Without actually displaying the email on the website. Just the a email/letter image to click on; With a pop-up to send the emails.

Thanks Liam23.

I might look at that, actually.

I did forget to mention in the add-on presentation (added it now) that although users can opt to have their e-mail address displayed, it will always be hidden to guests.

Enabling this add-on does not allow the e-mail addresses to be viewed by non-members. Therefore, it also won't get crawled by Google. So it is definitely not a major spam risk.

But I do like the idea of an e-mail form, to even further that.

This is awesome. Thank you.

Can anyone direct me to a resource that will help me display other contact info in the Profile Page, such as telephone numbers?

YourForum/admin.php?user-fields/
Open any Custom User Fields.
Doh, okay, somehow I missed the tabs when I was setting up the custom fields earlier - not alot of sleep last night. So, I just check the settings, and "Viewable on Profile Pages" was already ticked, but I can't see the new custom fields on the front end. Could this be a permission setting that I've missed?

On Edit: Forget what I just said. As soon as I actually populated one of the fields that I added, the data actually showed-up on the front end. Thank you very much for your help :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom