1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display E-Mail Address in Profile 1.1

Allows your users to display their e-mail address (if they want) in messages, member card or profile

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yorick submitted a new resource:

Display E-Mail Address in Profile (version 1.1) - Allows your users to display their e-mail address (if they want) in messages, member card or profile

Read more about this resource...

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Nice work :)

I think it would be great to have the email icon/image 'floating' on the actual avatar (showing once per thread option?) around the site.

But, other than that, it's all good :)

Yorick likes this.
  3. Liam23

Liam23 Active Member

I think a way to email users from the site would be really cool. Without actually displaying the email on the website. Just the a email/letter image to click on; With a pop-up to send the emails.

ArnyVee likes this.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Thanks Liam23.

I might look at that, actually.

I did forget to mention in the add-on presentation (added it now) that although users can opt to have their e-mail address displayed, it will always be hidden to guests.

Enabling this add-on does not allow the e-mail addresses to be viewed by non-members. Therefore, it also won't get crawled by Google. So it is definitely not a major spam risk.

But I do like the idea of an e-mail form, to even further that.

Liam23 and ArnyVee like this.
  5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

+1 on this! Good call. :)

Liam23 likes this.
  6. Liam23

Liam23 Active Member

Why thank you! (y)

7. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

This is awesome. Thank you.

Can anyone direct me to a resource that will help me display other contact info in the Profile Page, such as telephone numbers?

8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Use Custom User Fields.

9. Main Company

Great. Thanks Roland. I've added a number of custom user fields http://.......com/account/contact-details.
    Now, how do I get those new fields to display in the Profile Page? Do I have to manually edit the template?

10. RoldanLT

Be sure to choose Personal Details or Contact Details and then just enable this on your custom fields:
    upload_2014-7-16_11-8-10.png

11. Main Company

I must be extra dense tonight, but where are you finding the options in the image that you're displaying? I can figure out how to find those controls.

12. RoldanLT

YourForum/admin.php?user-fields/
    Open any Custom User Fields.

13. Main Company

Doh, okay, somehow I missed the tabs when I was setting up the custom fields earlier - not alot of sleep last night. So, I just check the settings, and "Viewable on Profile Pages" was already ticked, but I can't see the new custom fields on the front end. Could this be a permission setting that I've missed?

On Edit: Forget what I just said. As soon as I actually populated one of the fields that I added, the data actually showed-up on the front end. Thank you very much for your help :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014