1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Discouraged usergroup

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, May 12, 2014.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Can I make a usergroup discouraged. I thought I saw this now I cannot find it.

The manual says this:

"If you have created a user group for banned users, you can specify that here."

But I cannot find how to do this.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There is no option to discourage a user group. It needs to be applied individually or to an IP.

The option you're referring to is "Add User Group on Ban".

3. Mr Lucky

Yes, I understand that option.

So what does this mean:

"Additionally, discouraged IP addresses can be prevented from registering.

If you have created a user group for banned users, you can specify that here."

It seems to be saying that you specify discouraged IP addresses cannot register in the usergroup ???

That doesn't seem right but it's what the manual says.

4. Mike

That's just referring to some of the options in the aforementioned option group.

5. Mr Lucky

I'm very confused now. What are the options in the usergroup re: discouraged IP address?

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  6. Mike

I'm slightly confused by what you're asking. You're quoting two separate paragraphs in the manual; they're referring to unrelated functions, except that both of the options are in the same group (next to each other).

7. Mr Lucky

Aha, It looks to me like one sentence leads on from the other.

But if this:

If you have created a user group for banned users, you can specify that here.

is a complete paragraph on its own, it seems to mean nothing. ie what does "specify that here" mean?

8. Mike

That's what I was saying previously -- it's "here" is the option group mentioned above.

9. Mr Lucky

Now I'm really confused.(n)(n)

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Maybe something to do with the option shown below?
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 1.14.33 PM.png