1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Discourage Users +

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by silence, May 8, 2013.

1. silence

silence Well-Known Member

http://restlessdesign.github.io/pestilence/

Features:

Audio Pest
    Plays a high-pitched noise at random intervals.

Mouse Pest
    Replaces the user’s cursor with a duplicate that is offset approximately 50px down and to the right. (Disabled on this page.)

Keyboard Pest
    Randomly moves the caret as the user types within input fields.

Accessibility Pest
    Hides all headers and paragraph elements from screen readers and gives random tab indices to anchor elements.

Softlineck, Jeff Fuqua and Shelley like this.
  2. Jeff Fuqua

Jeff Fuqua Well-Known Member

Awesome. I'd love this to be an add-on.

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

:LOL: the first one would be somewhat intrusive.

The rest, yeah those would be great. :p

4. Jeff Fuqua

Jeff Fuqua Well-Known Member

Maybe replace with the sound of hard drive grinding or the sizzle of a logic board being fried.

5. Shelley

John Major (Ex prime Minister) making a political broadcast for the conservative party. Damn did that guy drone on and on and had possibly the most boring voice. :D

6. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

No no no no no. Random cricket noise.

Tracy Perry and Jeff Fuqua like this.
  7. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually use the discourage feature? Was it successful or did it only fuel trolls to troll harder?

Btw, the OP's avatar reminds me of a certain someone..

8. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

We used it for ONLY a few folks we wanted to be gone forever - we just wanted them to suffer on the way out.

BUT, we recently decided that having warnings add up to this was not the right thing to do for regular members....because they don't know the nature of the discouragement. That is, we had people saying "my computer is acting funny" and then had to deal with that!

I think KAM came up with that one the same night they threw logs with ants on the bonfire!

9. Shelley

TBH and good question. I haven't used the discouraged feature at all. I think it's one of those features (for me personally) which is nice to have and gives off the impression it'll be used) but never was used and likely never will be used. If that makes any sense.

10. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Well, I can think of one possible use. As a reward for someone who lost a bet. It's not to make him never visit the forum again, just like a "you lost, now you must pay the price" sort of thing :sneaky:

11. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

I've never used it. If someone has chapped my hide to where I'm thinking of using that feature, I'm grabbing the Ban Hammer instead.

Shelley likes this.
  12. Shelley

"Chapped my hide" :LOL: Sometimes I wish post ratings were installed here to give more than a like. :ROFLMAO:

13. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Although I must say this. If that cricket sound were added, I'd be VERY tempted to start utilizing the feature. :ROFLMAO:

14. Shelley

What about tag team collaboration?a kind of tennis game so to speak.

Do a redirect to site b which redirects them back to site a

Two admins working together to make the world a better place if not annoying to <insert discouraged member>

15. silence

silence Well-Known Member

I also set the random chance of redirect to a screamer on my site that redirects back to the page they were at in a split second.
    free.steam.games.xenogamers.org if you want to see the screamer ;)

Shelley likes this.
  16. 14DH01

14DH01 Active Member

virus warning this site will install a virus on your PC in 5 seconds:ROFLMAO:

17. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Not funny at all. Especially with the number of sites out there that do just that.

18. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

And if you want to be REALLY annoying... cicadas. wacko1.gif

19. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

No, you want to be subtle about it. Drive them nuts looking for the bug. It would be like using something like this.

20. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I just want to drive 'em nuts period. :D

Shelley likes this.