Lack of interest Discourage Users +

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

silence

http://restlessdesign.github.io/pestilence/

Features:

Audio Pest
Plays a high-pitched noise at random intervals.

Mouse Pest
Replaces the user’s cursor with a duplicate that is offset approximately 50px down and to the right. (Disabled on this page.)

Keyboard Pest
Randomly moves the caret as the user types within input fields.

Accessibility Pest
Hides all headers and paragraph elements from screen readers and gives random tab indices to anchor elements.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
John Major (Ex prime Minister) making a political broadcast for the conservative party. Damn did that guy drone on and on and had possibly the most boring voice. :D

Does anyone actually use the discourage feature? Was it successful or did it only fuel trolls to troll harder?

Btw, the OP's avatar reminds me of a certain someone..

We used it for ONLY a few folks we wanted to be gone forever - we just wanted them to suffer on the way out.

BUT, we recently decided that having warnings add up to this was not the right thing to do for regular members....because they don't know the nature of the discouragement. That is, we had people saying "my computer is acting funny" and then had to deal with that!

I think KAM came up with that one the same night they threw logs with ants on the bonfire!

Does anyone actually use the discourage feature? Was is successful or did it only fuel trolls to troll harder?

Btw, the OP's avatar reminds me of a certain someone..

TBH and good question. I haven't used the discouraged feature at all. I think it's one of those features (for me personally) which is nice to have and gives off the impression it'll be used) but never was used and likely never will be used. If that makes any sense.

Well, I can think of one possible use. As a reward for someone who lost a bet. It's not to make him never visit the forum again, just like a "you lost, now you must pay the price" sort of thing :sneaky:

I've never used it. If someone has chapped my hide to where I'm thinking of using that feature, I'm grabbing the Ban Hammer instead.

I've never used it. If someone has chapped my hide to where I'm thinking of using that feature, I'm grabbing the Ban Hammer instead.

"Chapped my hide" :LOL: Sometimes I wish post ratings were installed here to give more than a like. :ROFLMAO:

Although I must say this. If that cricket sound were added, I'd be VERY tempted to start utilizing the feature. :ROFLMAO:

What about tag team collaboration?a kind of tennis game so to speak.

Do a redirect to site b which redirects them back to site a

Two admins working together to make the world a better place if not annoying to <insert discouraged member>

I also set the random chance of redirect to a screamer on my site that redirects back to the page they were at in a split second.
free.steam.games.xenogamers.org if you want to see the screamer ;)

virus warning this site will install a virus on your PC in 5 seconds:ROFLMAO:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom