DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools)

DISCONTINUED: [8WR] XenUtiles (Tools) 1.2.2

No permission to download
Is there a way to get the downvote rating system to apply to individual posts and not just threads? So that if enough users downvoted a post it would hide itself, or appeared spoilered, or something of the sort.

For the second or third time, this add-on seems to have suddenly stopped all the spam checks and let almost everyone in. Really strange since I never touched any of the settings - this happened on Wed. and the moderators were working hard deleting spammers since!

I didn't think of looking until today - and, yes, it was letting most anyone in!

I forget how I fixed it last time, but uploading and upgrading to the new version seems to have kick-started it again.

Weird......

For the second or third time, this add-on seems to have suddenly stopped all the spam checks and let almost everyone in. Really strange since I never touched any of the settings - this happened on Wed. and the moderators were working hard deleting spammers since!

I didn't think of looking until today - and, yes, it was letting most anyone in!

I forget how I fixed it last time, but uploading and upgrading to the new version seems to have kick-started it again.

Weird......
Registration Time Field
The name of the "time field" on the registration form. Periodically changing this field may help fight against the smarter spambots out there. Keep this field simple; alpha-numeric only.

Registration Time Field
The name of the "time field" on the registration form. Periodically changing this field may help fight against the smarter spambots out there. Keep this field simple; alpha-numeric only.

????
I don't think it was there on the 1.2 version...
are you saying that messing with it or updating it fixes this little bug?

It's strange - it just stops doing ALL the checks...you can see here when they started again after my update.
Screen Shot 2013-03-23 at 4.04.01 PM.webp

Registration Time Field

Can you explain this field? I'm not exactly sure what I'm to do with this?

Can you explain this field? I'm not exactly sure what I'm to do with this?

I think it is a hidden field in the signup form - therefore a really smart or stubborn spammer might find it and spread the word and be able to insert their own data in there.......

see this code...

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="" />
<input type="hidden" value="1364223226" name="the_name_you_chose_time" /></form>

Still not following. Do I need to make a custom user field? Or do I simply just change the name in here?

You don't need to do anything....and, it's probably optional to change that often.

If no spammers are getting through..or very few...you prob don't have to be concerned. I don't see why most would spend time breaking through that. The key here is that if they are able to get into SOME boards, they don't care about much else.

Hi!

I registered to all forum spam service, activated them in XenUtiles and I still can register with any email I take from www.stopforumspam.com

When I toggle off the Validate on connection failure thing I get that it's not able to connect to BotScout database, so I disabled BotScout and then I got in with the spam email. Is it normal?

I still get many spam bots using emails that I can very easily find on stopforumspam. Any advice or suggestion for me?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Hi!

I registered to all forum spam service, activated them in XenUtiles and I still can register with any email I take from www.stopforumspam.com

When I toggle off the Validate on connection failure thing I get that it's not able to connect to BotScout database, so I disabled BotScout and then I got in with the spam email. Is it normal?

I still get many spam bots using emails that I can very easily find on stopforumspam. Any advice or suggestion for me?

Thanks and have a nice day!

email and username? or just the email? By default, it uses two of the three components to decide whether to reject. That setting can be changed to be more restrictive. Check your XenUtiles settings.

Attempting to upgrade from an earlier version. Uploaded all files. When trying to install XML, received this message:

Code:
[SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'straticsXF.EWRutiles_spamlogs' doesn't exist[/FONT][/SIZE]
[LIST=1]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]Zend/Db/Statement.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]297[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]Zend_Db_Statement->execute()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]479[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]753[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]EWRutiles/Install.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]124[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]EWRutiles_Install::addColumnIfNotExist()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]EWRutiles/Install.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]83[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]EWRutiles_Install->_install_22()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]EWRutiles/Install.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]41[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]EWRutiles_Install::installCode()[/COLOR][/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]call_user_func()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]XenForo/Model/AddOn.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]214[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]XenForo/Model/AddOn.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]169[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]212[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]310[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]132[/B]
[*][B][COLOR=#b45050]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#808080]in[/COLOR] [B]/data/sites/stratics.com/community/admin.php[/B] [COLOR=#808080]at line[/COLOR] [B]13[/B]
[/LIST]

If I use Reset Password from ACP's addon with this addon at user creation with (or without) Reset Password ticked, I get this error:

Undefined variable: user
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRutiles/ControllerAdmin/UserXF.php at line 17
EWRutiles_ControllerAdmin_UserXF->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/familymm/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom