XF 1.1 Disable trophy points?

RCONN

I'm running a technical support forum, and I don't need (or want) the trophy points. I removed all of the trophies & user titles, but I still see the "points" being displayed in several places.

Is there any simple way to disable that completely?

There is no master on/off switch for the trophy system. You will have to manually remove any lingering references to trophies. If you can point out the specific things you want to remove then I can probably help.

Can we atleast hide the trophy points from under the avatar. I mean I dont mind if its enabled(works well for user titles) - but I don't want it to be displayed because along with bd-banking it makes for a looonngggg avatar box.

This is quite straight forward.

Find the template sidebar_visitor_panel

Remove the area in red:

Rich (BB code):
<div class="visitorText">
<h2>{xen:phrase signed_in_as_x_sidebar, 'name={xen:helper username, $visitor, 'NoOverlay'}'}</h2>
<div class="stats">
<xen:hook name="sidebar_visitor_panel_stats">
<dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.message_count}</dd></dl>
<dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase likes}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.like_count}</dd></dl>
<dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>
</div>
</xen:hook>
</div>

Remove the area in red:

Rich (BB code):
<h2>{xen:phrase signed_in_as_x_sidebar, 'name={xen:helper username, $visitor, 'NoOverlay'}'}</h2>
<div class="stats">
<dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.message_count}</dd></dl>
<dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase likes}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.like_count}</dd></dl>
<dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>
</div>
</div>
That removes it from the visitor panel but not from under the avatar in posts.

Well you didn't say you wanted it removing from the avatar in posts. So I just assumed you meant from the avatar on the home page.

Sorry.

To do that, then, you need to search your Admin CP for messageshowtrophypoints

That will take you to the style property. Just untick the box to disable.

To do that, then, you need to search your Admin CP for messageshowtrophypoints

That will take you to the style property. Just untick the box to disable.

Is there a proper way to coduct a search? The search box doesn't seem to do much other than look for titles.

The only thing I found by poking around was: Style properties>Property group>Message element>checkbox "show author trophy points"

I also want to remove all traces of the trophy system.

Is there a proper way to coduct a search? The search box doesn't seem to do much other than look for titles.

The only thing I found by poking around was: Style properties>Property group>Message element>checkbox "show author trophy points"

I also want to remove all traces of the trophy system.
As Jake says, there's no master on/off switch for it.

Firstly you'll need to remove all Trophies, so none can be issued.

Then the best way of searching and removing is to Search Templates for templates that contain the word "trophy". Then carefully remove the parts of those templates that contain trophy stuff. There's 12 templates that contain "trophy". And another 9 that contain "trophies".

Remove the area in red:

Rich (BB code):
<div class="stats">
</div>
</div>
If you do this also ratings will not show up for some reason (if you have the addon).

Top Bottom