Lack of interest disable sending images (IMG tag) in conversations...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

topcat

unless I have missed this option and its already there,

as the title says, I would like the option to disable sending images in pm's

is there an easy way to do this with temp edit??

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
not the same, even if attachments are disabled in conversations it doesn't stop people from clicking the insert image icon and inserting an image into a conversation

Without being able to disable this function, its possible for members to obtain ip's of other members very easily.

not the same, even if attachments are disabled in conversations it doesn't stop people from clicking the insert image icon and inserting an image into a conversation

Without being able to disable this function, its possible for members to obtain ip's of other members very easily.

By inserting an image, it's possible for others users to obtain another user's IP address? Um... no. I don't see how that's even remotely possible.

unless I have missed this option and its already there,

as the title says, I would like the option to disable sending images in pm's

is there an easy way to do this with temp edit??

Is there a particular reason you want to disable the [i m g] code in Private Conversations?

yes just done is to Amaury lol

only way to stop it is to give option to disable img code in conversations.

then with it disabled from usergroup permissions if some one wanted to send an img they would have to type the url and it would be up to the person recieving the pm whether they wanted to visit that url or not, but it would be at their own risk and probably if they trusted the sender

Its not really an exploit; you are accessing a file from a server (be it an attachment or located elsewhere), your IP address will most likely appear in the server access log. That is standard on pretty much every server.

Its not really an exploit; you are accessing a file from a server (be it an attachment or located elsewhere), your IP address will most likely appear in the server access log. That is standard on pretty much every server.

true but on vbulletin you can disable the img tag in pm's

never said it was an exploit just asked for the option to disable the img tag for x usergroup

an image can be any script that returns an image header and image data, the viewer sees the image, the script can see the viewer's IP.... that's why many email readers don't show images without viewer approval

an image can be any script that returns an image header and image data, the viewer sees the image, the script can see the viewer's IP.... that's why many email readers don't show images without viewer approval
Isn't it much simpler than that? You could do it with the regular image, which the victim would request to show and the host would record what IP the request came from. That's probably the more straightforward reason why most mail clients prevent image-loading unless approved.

No it can't be any simpler.
Code:
fclose(fwrite(fopen("my-IP-stash.dat","a"),"\r\n{$_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR]}"));
 header("content-type: image/gif");echo(file_get_contents("the-image.gif"));
IP recorded....

I think you could request a custom addon for it. Many man, many mind. IMO, I am not happy if I even cannot insert an image in the PC.

Top Bottom