Lack of interest disable sending images (IMG tag) in conversations...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

topcat

unless I have missed this option and its already there,

as the title says, I would like the option to disable sending images in pm's

is there an easy way to do this with temp edit??

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Amaury the user above said it wasn't possible so i sent hm and image and told him his ip

How would that be any different though then just adding a [ img ] here and @ tagging you to make sure you go to the thread so I can see your IP? It's basically the same concept as sending it via PM.

No coding? What are you going to do with it when you find it, write it on a sticky note to scan it in or use it for lottery numbers?

If that's your method, you're not the ones the OP is worried about......

The only point here is that there are valid reasons to not allow remote images in messages, end of story, this is not a debate on the best way to harvest IP addresses....

How would that be any different though then just adding a [ img ] here and @ tagging you to make sure you go to the thread so I can see your IP? It's basically the same concept as sending it via PM.

The difference being a hundred people could visit a thread and you wouldn't know whos ip is whos. if you send it in a pm only 2 ips will be linked, your own and the receiver.

No coding? What are you going to do with it when you find it,

If anyone here told their board that any member could find their ip a address by sending them a plain image in a pm that they had no choice of opening/ viewing the image I bet 90% of members wouldnt be happy.

Other than that my board as well as many others has rival forums with some unscrupulous owners who will us ethis method to ban members from their forum just for being members of another one. it may seem petty and childish but it happens a lot

I think you could request a custom addon for it. Many man, many mind. IMO, I am not happy if I even cannot insert an image in the PC.

you may want to send an image but does the receiver want to view it. currently he has no choice. there's no stopping you from sending a link to an image or an image as an attachment, im just talking about hot linking to an image in pm's

Honestly im not asking for xenforo to be recoded here, im asking for one option in the admin cp for board administrators to have the choice if they want to switch off hot linking to images in private conversations for usergroups

Honestly im not asking for xenforo to be recoded here, im asking for one option in the admin cp for board administrators to have the choice if they want to switch off hot linking to images in private conversations for usergroups
So why not make it as an user's preference?

So why not make it as an user's preference?

well I suppose that would be fine too. but would be better if it worked on an individual convo like when you receive an email and it asks if you want to view the images. if you trust the sender you would click yes. if you get a pm from a random member you dont know sending you an image than members could click no.

maybe i will just get a mod made

Top Bottom