XF 1.4 Disable profile summary pop-up?

Jashugan

Is there a way to disable the profile summary pop-up? So that when you click someone's name it just goes straight to their profile?

Cheers.

Edit: I mean globally, of course.

Curious as to why you want to disable it? As a user I'd find it rather annoying to be redirected to the profile page instead of viewing the membercard as Id have to return back to the thread I was in to carry on reading.

Curious as to why you want to disable it?
I find it hugely annoying that when I want to look at someone's profile I instead get a pop-up before continuing to the profile page. Thus making it two clicks (and an annoying pop-up) to get there instead of one.
As a user I'd find it rather annoying to be redirected to the profile page instead of viewing the membercard as Id have to return back to the thread I was in to carry on reading.
Middle click (or ctrl-click) = open link in new tab.

I prefer the same method that is universal in all other forum software. Didn't the Xenforo devs learn anything from the 90's? People don't like pop-ups!

Last edited:
You don't have mouse3 on a tablet or mobile phone.
Usually on a portable device you would click-hold (hold down the link) to open in new tab.

I think you're the only one who has complained about this.
I'm not complaining as such, I would just like the option to disable it globally. How I would like my own forum set up is entirely up to me, isn't it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom