• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Disable facebook login/google login?

emmy

1. Do you have a way to disable the login with "Google or facebook" from the login/sign up page
Instead only use registration as a new member.
2. Also, if i decide to leave the login with facebook/google - does the registration through these apps count as an addition to the # of the site members - if they use this apps for registration for the first time?

Thank you

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Disable them in the Options.

Use ACP Search for facebook and google.

All registered members are counted, no matter how they register.

Disable them in the Options.

Use ACP Search for facebook and google.

All registered members are counted, no matter how they register.
I had facebook login working for the past year or so, but lately it is failing. Tons of grief getting it setup again so I want to disable the Facebook Login Button. Where is this function? There is nothing in my Options>Facebook that does this. I cleared the old data here but no joy.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Emptying the Facebook application ID and secret from the options would remove FB login. It can't work without it.

Hi Mike..you are correct that the Facebook login does not work. But the button "Login with Facebook" still remains. That is what I want to remove.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Looking at your site, it looks like you still have a Facebook application ID entered. I think it's just a space though.

Wow. Great catch. Having just went through the same thing with a wordpress website and a blank line that should never have been read but was causing problems, I deleted the whole thing again...and again missed the one space at the beginning of the line. Thanks. Great work.