XF 2.2 Facebook Login issue

Kirby

We recently got a notice from Facebook that on of our XenForo forums doesn't comply with Facebook rules as the login does not work.

The povided a video that shows the error message "There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again." when attempting to log in.

I was able to reproduce this issue on XenForo.com:

1. Login to Facebook
  2. Login to XenForo.com
  3. While on XenForo.com, associate the account with Facebook
  4. Logout from XenForo.com
  5. Logout from Facebook
  6. Click Login on XenForo.com
  7. Right-click on the Facebook login button and select Open in new tab
  8. Repeat step 7)
  9. Login to facebook on the first Facebook tab (created in step 7)

Now the second tab (created in step 8) shows the error:

1651838437459.webp
How can we fix this so Facebook approves the App?

Must be an issue with new accounts. This is what I get...

View attachment 299656
yes it looks like a facebook issue. I'll have to have the guy helping me with my site check to see if it is something with the way it is set up there. it is weird that it works for logins for existing accounts.
was thinking it might be a cloud flare issue, but if it was then login using it would not work.

Last edited:
Must be an issue with new accounts. This is what I get...

View attachment 299656
Looks like he might have fixed the issue he was having and that may be affecting others? This was a test he did and gave me a screen shot during the setup with his spouses FB account.

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 3.09.45 PM.webp

He wanted to know why I was asking about it since my site doesn't use these logins and when I told him he specifically asked that I not share what he found on his site that fixed the problem here. Since he's hosting my site for free, I don't want to make him mad.
I am going to ask him to set it up on my site for me also.

Last edited:
Smh GIF by Disney Zootopia

If he doesn’t want to help, and doesn’t want you to participate over here, why even bring anything up?
he didn't. I was asking him to try and help out over here and he was aware that I didn't use the feature and doesn't want his knowledge used over here. he doesn't care if I participate over here and encouraged it. I was letting that user know that the problem he saw on that site was fixed but was asked to not share the solution instead of just leaving them hanging waiting on how it was fixed. it apparently was a fairly simple fix.
I can start to see what he warned me about now over attitude on this site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom