[DigitalPoint] PWA

[DigitalPoint] PWA 1.2.3

No permission to download
The code inserted in the FAQ does not work any further, you will see a warning under the test

Is it possible in any way to change the scope of the PWA with this add-on? I currently run a site with a WordPress bridge. The WordPress is set up to act as the root homepage of the site, but is located in a directory like so:
www.{myTLDname}.com/wordpress/
www.{myTLDname}.com/xenforo/

Visiting www.{myTLDname}.com will serve you the index home of Wordpress. My issue is that it treats the Wordpress pages as outside of the site, as it should. I just was not thinking about that when I updated our servers and added it to XF.

Is the easiest solution for me to simply remove this PWA add on and create one from my Wordpress? I have no problem doing that but just am dreading the amount of people that keep using the old one :-/

You can add whatever JSON you want by pasting whatever you want to merge in.

As far as what your additions/change do for your end users, no idea. I only give you the ability to make whatever changes you want.

You can add whatever JSON you want by pasting whatever you want to merge in.

As far as what your additions/change do for your end users, no idea. I only give you the ability to make whatever changes you want.

I just needed to educate myself better on this. I got it all working correctly now using this addon without needing to change anything else besides adding some json to change the scope.

Thank you for the add-on. It's indeed something very useful compared to what XF default offers.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but is there a way to set the current page you are viewing as the start page for PWA?

Thank you for the add-on. It's indeed something very useful compared to what XF default offers.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but is there a way to set the current page you are viewing as the start page for PWA?
You could since it had the ability to merge any value into your webmanifest file.

You could use start_url.

Here is the full scope of manifest definitions. Not sure if DP wants to stick it in the FAQ or something as manifest related questions come up often:

You could since it had the ability to merge any value into your webmanifest file.
You could use start_url.

Here is the full scope of manifest definitions. Not sure if DP wants to stick it in the FAQ or something as manifest related questions come up often:
Sorry if I misunderstand. I mean to do this automatically, so the user will be inside a certain thread, let’s say this thread, and then in iOS the user will add the app to the Home Screen.

Next time, every time the user will click the app icon, it will enter this thread (and maybe to the latest message in this thread).

There isn’t a way to make start_url dynamic on a per user basis like that if that’s what you mean?

I suppose you could make it a custom URL that then did a redirect on your side based on whatever logic you wanted.

Sounds to me like you want start_url to update to the visitors current page on every page load. This would require programmatically changing the Webmanifest for every visitor on every page view. I suppose it may technically be possible? But not with this addon.

Unless it's possible to pass a DOM variable into the Webmanifest instead of a string? I'm not too clued up on manifests though so @digitalpoint will be best positioned to answer.

I mean to something like this:
No, as far as this addon is concerned the start_url is a set value that doesn't vary (at least the base of it). The _pwa=xxxx part of the start_url is used by this addon to store an authentication token (it's the mechanism used so users can be automatically logged into the app when they install it). So in the case of start_url, it's going to get overridden by the addon IF the user is logged in and there's no _pwa= variable in the URL. So if you override the start_url, make sure you put a _pwa variable in the URL, otherwise start_url will be overridden if the user is logged in.

So you'd need to pick between having a dynamic URL for users or them being able to auto-log into the app when it's first installed.

Anyone else seeing this? I have my site set up as completely ‘ad free’ for admins and premium members, but in the past few days I have begun seeing ads pop up at the top of the app screen. I have no idea why or where the ads are being generated from? Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_7228.jpeg

I don’t know yet if this is just happening when viewing the site from the app or if it is happening using any browser…

It's most definitely not coming from this addon. Looks like AdSense auto ads to me. But they aren't going to happen automatically in any case unless you have added AdSense code (or something on your site added it), either way it's not this addon that added it.

Yeah, I see it’s happening regardless of how site is accessed. Really weird as I have not knowingly changed anything on my site recently. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom