[DigitalPoint] Better Google Analytics

[DigitalPoint] Better Google Analytics 1.0.10

No permission to download
looks like i do not have a js_cache (/internal_data/js_cache) directory. would try to get the config file info! thanks.

i also do not have a static directory named 'javascript` in root folder!

looks like i do not have a js_cache (/internal_data/js_cache) directory. would try to get the config file info! thanks.
Ya, if the request never gets passed along from Nginx to XenForo, the js_cache folder would never be created because that code never runs. That's just a byproduct of Nginx not passing the request along to XenForo. Just need to sort that out. :)

is it ok if i send the details through conversations? the conf file is probably quite messy to be shared publicly.

Hey bud,

Me again - Thought I'd share some minor bugs you might be able to address. As always, I appreciate your time.

I'm using a skin/style by PixelExit called XenBase. The button to check analytics is repeated twice, and the second button pushes the style out of whack.

1653424832277.webp

Also, read and unread node icons seem to now all the same and appear all as unread.

1653424918327.webp

As opposed to -

1653424952794.webp

I believe I do use another addon (Ultimate Custom Nodes 2.0.8.2) by StylesFactory for node icon customisation. @Stylesfactory

Thanks!

Hmmm... if you go into your admin area, go to Template modifications, then the two that are there for PAGE_CONTAINER, what are the 3 numbers to the right of the second one (the one that is labeled, Adds analytics button to staffBar)? I suspect it's going to be an issue with that style's PAGE_CONTAINER template. Hard to say for sure because I don't have that style, don't even know a site using it and definitely don't have admin access to one of the sites running that style.

Another route is you can treat static JavaScript files as ones with a path that starts with /js/ rather than an HTTP request that ends in .js. You can also get tricky and actually test if the static file exists rather than assume any request ending in .js exists in the file system. A few different routes you can take.

Either way, with how XenForo works and supports file extensions, it's probably not a great idea to just assume a request with a certain file extension is a static file. In fact XenForo will output the request differently simply based on the file extension (like add .json to the end of any normal XenForo request and you will get json results).

Reactions: rdn
I'm having the same problem

I get your point, however I wonder if it would please be possible to have that icon defined in CSS? That way we could then override it in extra.less without the annoyance of having to re-edit a template modification every time there is an update.
You don't need to modify the existing template modification, you can just create your own template modification (and then it's not lost after an upgrade of the addon).

For example, you could modify the PAGE_CONTAINER template, find fad fa-analytics and replace it with fa fa-analytics . And just make sure the execution order is higher than the one from the addon (which I believe is the default of 10).

As far as doing it with CSS, you already can do that with extra.less if you wanted to go that route too. Font Awesome works by using CSS, so all you would need to do is override the default FA CSS.

Less:
.fad {
    font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Pro';

&:before {
        position: initial;
    }

&:after {
        content: "";
    }
}

Either way (via CSS or template modification) works and doesn't require any changes on this end.

You don't need to modify the existing template modification, you can just create your own template modification (and then it's not lost after an upgrade of the addon).
Thanks, I deleted my post because I found the way to do it in the other addon, however this is all good info I didn't know about the template mod order so I've learned something new, yay!

So an addon that is removing what's supposed to be there would be a better place for some change to be be made to not use what's supposed to be there I would think. Can't realistically expect every addon out there to adhere to how some unrelated third-party addon works vs. how XenForo works by default. :)
XenForo (and official Add-ons) don't use any DuoTone icons nor is the DuoTone font resource preloaded by default.
So the way "XenForo works by default" is completely without Duotone icons.

Although DuoTone icons "are available by default" I'd really try to avoid using them as that is causing quite some overhead.

That being said, Font Awesome Manager does have a style property to enable Duotone Icons if they are really required / being used, but as this is not the case with stock XenForo (and most Add-ons) it is disabled by default to get rid of useless CSS :)

Ya, I've already switched it to not be duotone for next release. Although, I'm not sure I'd consider duotone icons a massive overhead when it's only admins that can see and only if they specifically have the View statistics admin permission. Either way, not even worth the bytes of making an argument one way or the other because it's already gone and really didn't serve much of a purpose (would have been equally fine to use NO icon, and just a text link). :)

Ya, I've already switched it to not be duotone for next release. Although, I'm not sure I'd consider duotone icons a massive overhead when it's only admins that can see and only if they specifically have the View statistics admin permission. Either way, not even worth the bytes of making an argument one way or the other because it's already gone and really didn't serve much of a purpose (would have been equally fine to use NO icon, and just a text link). :)
Yeah, a text would have been better. I think you should take out the duotones from your other add-ons. I've noticed it being used in your CloudFlare and Security add-ons.

Yeah, a text would have been better. I think you should take out the duotones from your other add-ons. I've noticed it being used in your CloudFlare and Security add-ons.
Duotones aren't used (never were) in the Cloudflare addon (please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly), and already looking at their removal from Security addon.

Duotones aren't used (never were) in the Cloudflare addon (please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly), and already looking at their removal from Security addon.
I must be wrong then. I definitely did see it in your Security add-on. Glad to hear it.

Peace,
I'm trying to install this amazing plugin, but I get the following error. What am I supposed to do?

1653575104678.webp

Can you upload the files again? Sounds to me like something may have mucked the PHP files somehow?

Maybe not so coincidentally, it looks like you are using a right to left language setup. If you opened the PHP files in a text editor then saved them maybe it tried to turn the PHP code into a right to left language?

Actually... just looked at the code, and it appears to be something that wouldn't work in very old versions of PHP.

If you change this line:

PHP:
$this->buildLink('canonical:options/google-analytics-oauth'),

to this:

PHP:
$this->buildLink('canonical:options/google-analytics-oauth')

Remove the trailing comma... it should work with old versions of PHP then.

Top Bottom