Digital Point Search

Digital Point Search [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Got a problem with this I think... conversations show in the beginning of search results for guests, even though permission is not set. When I disable the addon it completely breaks ES. Using the latest ES version.

Code:
Error Info
Error: Call to undefined method Valhalla_Export_Conversation_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds() - library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php:106
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Model/Search.php(297): DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_Conversation->getDataForResults(Array, Array, Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Model/Search.php(331): XenForo_Model_Search->getViewableSearchResultData(Array, Array, false, Array)
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(139): XenForo_Model_Search->getViewableSearchResults(Array, NULL)
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(369): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchUser(5084, 0)
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionMember()
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/search/member?user_id=5084"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["user_id"] => string(4) "5084"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Uninstall worked, to temp fix the privacy issue.

Last edited:
When I disabled it, it completely crashed my site, so I had to uninstall it. I thought it was my other add-on that interacts with conversations, being Conversation Essentials, but I disabled that one first to find it didn't fix anything, as that one only allowed members to search their own conversations - not all.

So I disabled this one and it crashed the entire site and gave that above error message. As it was showing conversations in search publicly, I had to uninstall... sorry.

Everything had been fine until I changed servers, @Slavik installed the latest ES for me, I had updated to the latest XF, and then I noticed this issue.

What is the exact version of XenForo and ElasticSearch you are using? I'll see about setting up a dev site to try and replicate what you are seeing.

I can't think of a reason why any version of ES would matter, but that's not to say I just haven't thought of how it would be possible. The viewing of the content is a method on the XF side of things, that determines permissions (regardless of what the search engine returns), so...

Got a problem with this I think... conversations show in the beginning of search results for guests, even though permission is not set. When I disable the addon it completely breaks ES. Using the latest ES version.
Disabling the add-on doesn't disable the search handler when viewing results.

This means if @digitalpoint's add-on blindly assumes everything is avalaible when viewing results, it will likely break as the rest of the add-on isn't loaded.

It's not just your addon's though @Xon, as even disabling DP search by itself sends me site with a frontend search error when trying to search:

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.13.27 AM.webp

And that was with conversation and elasticsearch essentials both disabled.

Ok... done more exploring with all this. Disabled everything, then enabled everything elastic search related, then one addon at a time. All was fine, then I find this error when I hit page 10 of search results:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: start_date - library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Report.php:139
Generated By: anthony, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Report.php(139): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 139, Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(469): DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_Report->getResultDate(Array)
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/SV/ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(168): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionResults()
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_ElasticEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionResults()
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/search/11965564/?page=10"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["page"] => string(2) "10"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

When I get rid of DP search, no issue.

Ok... done more exploring with all this. Disabled everything, then enabled everything elastic search related, then one addon at a time. All was fine, then I find this error when I hit page 10 of search results:
FYI, for this debugging; you need to be running the search as a moderator or administrator so search results are not being cached. Or truncate the xf_search table between searches, this table holds the stored search results.

It's a bit tough to debug on this end because it seems to be cropping up whenever you have different addons enabled. I have no clue what the Valhalla_Export stuff is or the SV_ElasticEss. If you can point me to a place to download them, I could go digging in the code and see if I can figure out what the conflict is exactly.

When installing Xon's Enhanced Search Improvements 1.1.2 it seems that Digital Point Search then crashes the ADMIN area all together. I have also alerted @Xon.

screenshot_1367.webp

Also seem to be having issues with the USER index where the OPTIMIZE button always shows and does nothing when clicked. @Xon added something to his ElasticSearch Essentials code to show what was the index that has the issue. Digital Point again shows up. I did rebuild the USER index which seems to not do anything to resolve this.

screenshot_1365.webp

BTW....Is Digital Point Search fine for Ver 1.5 of Xenfono? I ask for on your site it say any version above 1.2 and on this site 1.5 is not listed.

Thanks

Since Shawn hasn't been online since last Saturday and also it's holiday time in the US it's not so surprising you haven't got an answer yet! Believe me, Shawn will answer your concern once he's back! :)

No Replies?!?!?!? This is a PAID add on and yet no replies for support in 5 days.
This is a discussion thread, but the support URL is on digitalpoint.com (the "Ask Question / Get Support" link takes you there). I don't come to this site very often myself. Just to be clear, Digital Point Search is both sold and supported on digitalpoint.com.

To answer your question, it works with XF 1.5.

Top Bottom