Digital Point Search

Digital Point Search [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Oh yeah... That was a custom thing I made for my site. Lol. I would think someone would have made an addon to do it by now. If not, I'll go digging and see about putting it out.

Got this error today:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: start_date - library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Report.php:139
Generated By: Thorbjorn, Yesterday at 9:54 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Report.php(139): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 139, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(449): DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_Report->getResultDate(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionResults()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "https://www.religiousforums.com/search/1447702/?page=10"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["/search/1447702/"] => string(0) ""
    ["page"] => string(2) "10"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Got this error today:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: start_date - library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Report.php:139
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Report.php(139): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 139, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(449): DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_Report->getResultDate(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionResults()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/religiousforums.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
I'm sure it's because your version of Elasticsearch < 1.0. The newest dp Search has a fix for this. I might have it mixed up with another error though.

I had this today too. Held off upgrading from 1.1.2 until I upgraded ES to 1.4.4 (from 0.90.3).
Now it's updated, installing 1.1.3 gives us problems with XenCentral's Trading system (Specifically with regards to conversations, I need to look into that further).
Anyway, dropping to 1.1.2 and ES 1.4.4 throws the above error when using the AdminCP stats panel to look at the nodes info. (Yes, I know 1.1.2 doesn't support later versions of ES :))

Mine isn't.
Is it something you are able to replicate?
Got this error today:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Stack Trace
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Is it something you are able to replicate if you try? I think I know what might be going on, but I think it might be rare even when trying.

We have migrated from vBulletin and are using DigitalPoint search.
When a user tries to delete a conversation it often fails and we get this error:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function deleteFromIndex() on boolean -library/DigitalPointSearch/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php:21

Is it possible that conversations aren't in the search index, so deleting them is failing?
I have rebuilt the conversations and the search index but we're still having this problem. Is there a way to ensure that the conversations search index is rebuilt?

@Daniel Hood We are also using Conversation Essentials, Could there be a conflict here? I have now turned off "Conversations Searchable" but we still see the error.

Thanks

Are you running XenForo enhanced search? If so, did you install it after the Digital Point Search add-on? DP Search works a little differently depending if XF Enhanced Search is installed and does some slightly different things when it's installed if XFES is already installed.

From the error, it sounds like the search handler for conversations is missing, which is only installed if XFES is installed when you install DP Search.

If you installed XFES after DP Search, the easiest fix is to uninstall DP Search and reinstall it.

I think DP search would have been installed after XFES. However I will reinstall to rule this out.
Is the uninstall process likely to be intensive? Our forum has 15M posts and 250,000 users.

Thanks

Nope... the install process won't do anything related to the number of posts or users. Will be no different than any other add-on (basically will do a rebuild of templates and so forth).

It looks like reinstalling has done the trick.

I think the problem was that even though XFES was installed first, ElasticSearch wasn't enabled. Either way I've now been able to delete conversations that were throwing errors before.

Thanks

@digitalpoint we ran into an error doing a full rebuild of our index.

Not sure if it's related to the search plugin, but the reason we did a rebuild was because it wasn't showing all deleted posts from a user.

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch indexing failed for report-1692 Elasticsearch error: MapperParsingException[failed to parse, document is empty] - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:840
Generated By: arn, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(965): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError('MapperParsingEx...', true, 'Elasticsearch i...')
#1 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(76): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError(Object(stdClass), Array)
#2 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Indexer.php(125): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet()
#3 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php(74): XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet()
#4 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999785423, '')
#5 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999785423, '', false)
#6 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#9 /home/mrforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/mrforum/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(56) "http://forums.macrumors.com/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(37) "http://forums.macrumors.com/admin.php"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 6.24.11 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 6.24.11 PM.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Did you import reports from your old system by chance? I wonder if there are possibly some incomplete reports in your system somehow. Specifically, if you were to go here, what do you see?

http://yoursite.com/reports/1692/

Nope... Looks like some foreign characters. Should I just delete it? [Edit, I can't easily delete it]

Could this be affecting not-finding-deleted posts? We have a banned user with 14 deleted posts, but none are showing on Digital Point Search. Which is why I rebuilt the search index and ran into this.

Specifically: "هاي"

Attachments

• report.webp
    report.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
As long as you didn't change the character set from utf-8/Unicode I would think it would be fine...

It shouldn't affect finding deleted posts thought because that's a totally different content type. I'm going to check a few things in the code when I get back to a computer (just on a cell phone right now), and I should have some more info for you later tonight after I do that.

thanks for looking into it. I didn't do anything special to the character set of Xenforo. The reported content (foreign characters) was also in the original post that was since soft-deleted. I've now physically removed that post and also edited the database to remove the characters from the report. And am rebuilding search indexes again. I'll see what comes of it after that's done.

arn

Top Bottom