Digital Point Search

Digital Point Search [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Yet looking through this thread it has support help in it.

That was not the only question but thanks and suggest you reflect that as maybe you have lost sales. There also was an issue reported where it seems that DigitalPoint Search User is being flagged to need to be optimized, yet you do and the error does not go away.

So lets discuss that. Even reindexing does not make the issue of optimize go away with just your user data handler.

Ya, I'll give support here when I happen to be on the site (which is why some exists), but it's not a site I check regularly and can go months between visits. I'm happy to help here when I'm here, but for any sort of timely support, the *actual* support venue will always be a better choice. It would be like if I bought XenForo on this site and then went to another site trying to get support for it from Kier/Mike (may or may not happen, and if it does, probably not going to be as fast as if I were asking for support here). :)

As far as the optimize thing, I didn't give you an answer for it yet because I first heard about it about 5 minutes ago and am still looking into it.

I do understand what you are saying. But please see it from this side of things point of view wise. You come here, Xenfono, to look to add-ons. You find one, you buy it one way or anther, and then, like mostly every other add-on, you come back to the thread to see help. :) You put your add-on on this site for sale...it is found here by I would think most of your buyers. So, well, it just makes sense that support would be here. After all, you can subscribe to the thread. :) But I do understand it is easier for you in once location.

But thank you kindly for looking at it. It was not known what was making the OPTIMIZE issue until Xon was nice enough to put something in one of his codes to see what was being asked to be Optimized. Thanks!

Nah, I understand... I'm just not always on top of checking for support issues here. It's a rather complicated addon, and trying to support everyone in a single thread really doesn't work well in the end (my search addons have close to 500 threads and 5,000 posts in the normal support area). Imagine what a cluster it would be if this thread had 500 unique issues and trying to keep track of what's what.

Anyway... long story short is that I do check here once in awhile, but if you want the fastest support, it's best to do it in the official venue.

That being said... I've done some digging on your optimize issue, and to me it looks like the issue is that the other addon you are using is assuming it's search handler is being used when in fact it's not. XenForo can't have multiple search handlers for a single content type, so when you have two addons with the same searchable content type there's bound to be some issues here and there since XenForo can only have a single search handler in use for that content type. I've sent a message to @Xon regarding what might be a workable solution (check which search handler is in use by XenForo before you try to optimize the mapping). There may be some other issue I'm not aware of/thinking of... but off the top of my head that is probably the best thing to do.

Personally, I think mappings should have probably been defined within XenForo on a per content type basis within the respective search handlers (or maybe have a default and have a method you could use to override the default). But nothing we can do about that unless @Mike or other XenForo devs made that change. :)

Reactions: Xon
Personally, I think mappings should have probably been defined within XenForo on a per content type basis within the respective search handlers (or maybe have a default and have a method you could use to override the default). But nothing we can do about that unless @Mike or other XenForo devs made that change. :)
This is something that probably will only be possible in XF +2.0 give how big a change it is.

Thanks @digitalpoint for looking into it and also reaching out to Xon. It really kind of bugs me for you do really know if you have an issue or not.

This is something that probably will only be possible in XF +2.0 give how big a change it is.
Oh No! Big Change! I am just moving in to Xenfono on two sites as it is and going through that with the members. Gulp!

Now if we can fix it so it will return results, based on date of the last post found in a thread vs the thread start date. As it is now, you can have an older yet active thread that shows up low in the results based on the thread start date where other results have newer thread start dates but might only have a few post and are actually older. (@Xon that is what I had sent to you also.)

Oh, and for the Big Blue Button. It is kind of missed off to the side. Normally I have found items off to the sides are not really looked at when you come to read a thread, or in this case, an Add-on. :)

digitalpoint updated Digital Point Search with a new update entry:

https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/digital-point-search.1772/item

• Updated for ElasticSearch 2.x
  • Updated for ElasticSearch 5.x
  • Deleted content (Posts, Profile Posts and Threads) are indexed when doing a full rebuild
  • New option: "Ignore Serialized Data"
  • Removed some of the node CPU stats when using version of ElasticSearch that doesn't support those stats
  • Changed how some classes load for better compatibility with other addons
  • New analyzer option: Custom stemming analyzer with language (indexes numbers, treats punctuation as stop...

Read the rest of this update entry...

One thing in the new version is it makes it really easy to apply a better analyzer rather than mucking with your server-side files.

It's the stemming analyzer we have used on Digital Point for a long time and honestly I'm not sure what I would do if I wasn't using it. lol

Allows you to search the following:
  • Numbers
  • Normally ignored stop words
  • Punctuation within a word is treated as a word break
An example of the last part is if you search "digitalpoint" on xenforo.com, "digitalpoint.com" doesn't match because the period is considered part of the word. Using this stemming analyzer, it would match. Same if you were searching for a XenForo class name in a post. A search for "elasticsearch" would yield a post with "DigitalPointSearch_Model_Elasticsearch" in it, while it would not with the default stemmers.

es_custom_stemmer.webp

Any idea why I get this error at a specific point in re-building posts only? All other content rebuilds fine, posts seems to have an issue that search doesn't like, at a rough guess.

Code:
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 76
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet() in DigitalPointSearch/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 11
DigitalPointSearch_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->__destruct() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 131
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 639
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/admin.php at line 13

Any idea why I get this error at a specific point in re-building posts only? All other content rebuilds fine, posts seems to have an issue that search doesn't like, at a rough guess.

Code:
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 76
XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet() in DigitalPointSearch/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 11
DigitalPointSearch_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->__destruct() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 131
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 639
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/admin.php at line 13
The error is probably off in the elastic search log file. Not reporting errors to the API is amazingly frustrating experience.

Code:
Does the log show the error itself rather than just the stack trace?

If it's once in awhile it would imply issues with specific posts. For example if somehow non-UTF8 encoding was on one post (usually only possible if it was mucked and was imported in via an import from a different forum system).

Hmmm... well, the log doesn't show anything actually, because I'm using nginx and proxying to ES... adjusting proxy pass to log and will recreate the error to capture it.

We disabled the DigitalPoint Search add-on and started thousands of this error:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Dark_PostRating_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds() - library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php:106

Confused why library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php would even be running with the add-on disabled

We disabled the DigitalPoint Search add-on and started thousands of this error:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Dark_PostRating_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds() - library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php:106

Confused why library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php would even be running with the add-on disabled
Because XenForo 1.x always loads the a content type search handler even if the add-on is disabled.

I had to updated my search handlers to sniff if their add-on is enabled before doing anything.

Top Bottom