Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
I can't seem to figure out how to use this only for guests on certain forums? When i choose force to forums you have to specify for wich users. I just want guests to see the ads...

Reverse your logic... instead of trying to choose which user groups to show it for, instead use the option to select which user groups to hide the ads from (all except Unregistered I would assume?)...

Hi!

I don't know if other people have had this issue, but I'm having an issue installing this mod. This is the error I get when I try to install it:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XFCP_DigitalPointAdPositioning_ViewPublic_Thread_View::renderHtml() in/mywebsiteinformation/library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 6

Then when I visit my website, I get this error:

An exception occurred: Undefined index: unreadLink in /mywebsiteinformation/html/library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 8

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php at line 8
  2. DigitalPointAdPositioning_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml() in DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Conversation/View.php at line 7
  3. DigitalPointAdPositioning_ViewPublic_Conversation_View->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  4. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  5. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  6. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /mywebsiteinformation/html/index.php at line 13
If anyone could help me, it would be really appreciated!

I would also like to add that I'm using XenForo 1.1.2

Thanks!

Since you are using an old version of XenForo, are you using an old version of the addon? The 1.2 version is for XF 1.2.

You would want to use the 1.1.0 version.

I got hit with an Adsense policy violation from this addon. Apparently you can no longer have ads inside the posts, or you have to style it a certain way to make it very obvious it is an ad. I really wish there was an option for between the posts ads.

I got hit with an Adsense policy violation from this addon. Apparently you can no longer have ads inside the posts, or you have to style it a certain way to make it very obvious it is an ad. I really wish there was an option for between the posts ads.
You can style it however you want since you can wrap the AdSense ad in whatever HTML you want.

And there is an option for an ad after the post (which more or less is between).

Also, you can have ads inside posts, but it's going to be dependent on how your style your ad unit. If you style your ad unit to look the same as the surrounding text, that's what can get you in trouble.

You can style it however you want since you can wrap the AdSense ad in whatever HTML you want.

And there is an option for an ad after the post (which more or less is between).
That option put the ad in the signature (at least the past version(s) did). Which is not between the posts IMO.

There never was an option to put it in the signature...
Or right above the signature. I don't remember how it worked bc I haven't used that option for quite a while and disabled this addon until I find a viable solution to re-add it (likely when I upgrade to 1.2 unless I go a different route).

You can control which forums the ads are inserted for.
Hopefully, we can select which forum advertisement will display and which forum don't.
Ads are inserted relative to the currently viewed post, not necessarily the first/last, etc. post in a thread.
But only applicable for Members, not for the guest.
And for the members, only applicable for unread post.

Hey

Can someone tell me what Templates this addon creates / modifys in the template list? I can't seem to figure out which ones relate to it!

Thanks.

Top Bottom