Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
There might be two ways of doing this:

1. Just modify your banner to check on a CSS / Javascript level for the users browser and serve either this or that banner.

2. Check on PHP-Level the browser. You might want to modify ViewPublic/Thread/View.php. You add your banners in ACP>Settings. These banners are fetched from the program when a user visits a page. The code to fetch these banners is in the addon: ViewPublic/Thread/View.php. You would have to do this:
- 1. Add another ACP>Settings>MobileBanner textfield
- 2. Check within the code if a mobile browser is used and serve the according banner from ACP
I'm on the old version (1.1) and it doesn't allow conditionals in the option fields the last I checked.

As far as #1, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying there is a code I can add to my DFP tag to check for browser size? Or do I have to use adsense code to do that? I don't think I've seen DFP codes checking for browser size (yet).

Thanks for the reply. And I'm not comfortable with PHP so I don't know what I would do with the view.php (I already looked in it :/ ).

How do you get to this (or is this only for 1.2? Bc this addon isn't listed in Template Modifications for me)? What I'm aiming for is to show a different ad for mobile users. IIRC, your addon doesn't allow for if conditionals from the settings @digitalpoint but you mentioned earlier applying a template modification outside of the addon. Can you point me in the right direction in how you would go about doing this?
That Template Modifications bit is from 1.2, you're correct.

How do you get to this (or is this only for 1.2? Bc this addon isn't listed in Template Modifications for me)? What I'm aiming for is to show a different ad for mobile users. IIRC, your addon doesn't allow for if conditionals from the settings @digitalpoint but you mentioned earlier applying a template modification outside of the addon. Can you point me in the right direction in how you would go about doing this?
There are no Template Modifications in XenForo before 1.2. :)

I received the following feedback shortly after installing the ad positioning:
One of your scripts seems to make typing in the editor slow. Didn't debug on which one, but I do know when I enable my ad-blocker & anti-tracker is solves it.
Is this due to the add-on and is there any way to minimize it?

I received the following feedback shortly after installing the ad positioning:

Is this due to the add-on and is there any way to minimize it?
It doesn't do anything with the editor, so not sure how it would be possible. I suppose indirectly it could affect it if the page the editor is on wad showing an ad the addon added in a previous post, but even then it would be an issue with the ad itself, not the addon (the addon only adds HTML to the page). But if you have it injecting ad code that somehow mucks the editor, I suppose it would be possible in theory.

It doesn't do anything with the editor, so not sure how it would be possible. I suppose indirectly it could affect it if the page the editor is on wad showing an ad the addon added in a previous post, but even then it would be an issue with the ad itself, not the addon (the addon only adds HTML to the page). But if you have it injecting ad code that somehow mucks the editor, I suppose it would be possible in theory.

It's adding a Google AdSense ad after the first post for guests.

Hmm, I'm using one of AdSense's "responsive" banners - that might be it.

Is it something you can replicate, or just that one user?

I'm still using Internet Explorer, so I always have some little issue or other.:o It's just the one user who's reported it so far, but he's reasonably reliable. I'm waiting for his feedback after switching to a normal AdSense ad.

I am getting a few server errors lately.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception - library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php:0
Generated By: kristenthegreat, Today at 10:13 AM

I am getting a few server errors lately.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception - library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php:0
Generated By: kristenthegreat, Today at 10:13 AM
What version of the addon are you using?

Hi

Is the latest updated version of this addon compatible with older version (1.1.4) of xF?

Ack, thanks S. I was hoping there would be a way to disable ads in particular nodes, without upgrading to 1.2..we're not quite ready for that at this time.

Top Bottom