Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
The right end of the as on mobile seems to be cut off as you can see compared to the footer as that I have inserted into the template. Why is this and also will this cause a problem with Google? I mean will this violate some term or something?
Screenshot_2013-11-27-22-16-04.webp

Last edited:
Yep exactly as given, I have even tried the code in the footer which displays fine. Could it be the theme I am using?

Ok so i seemed to have resolved it by adding another media line like this @media(min-width: 320px) { .in-post-ad { width: 234px; height: 60px; } } so now ads in the posts are smaller, i am presuming this is ok and fine with adsense as is the size of their half banner.

So now i have these style and media options.
Code:
<style>
.in-post-ad { width: 320px; height: 50px; }
@media(min-width: 320px) { .in-post-ad { width: 234px; height: 60px; } }
@media(min-width: 500px) { .in-post-ad { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
@media(min-width: 800px) { .in-post-ad { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }
</style>

Screenshot_2013-11-28-10-07-14.webp

Any chance that you'll add the option to insert ads into Resources (inside message, after message)?

Thanks very much for this mod @digitalpoint

I used it on my vBulletin forum and now I'm looking to configure it for my XenForo migration. It's absolutely essential, earnings to my vB forum increased near double after installing this - if I can't configure it the same as I have for vBulletin, I won't migrate. That's how important/big this mod is for us.

Two quick questions if that's ok...

1) How do I make payment to remove the copyright? (I owe you that and then some!)
2) I'm using the new asynchronous ad code which Google provides here as below - but the adverts aren't aligning very well. Any ideas how to resolve? :confused:

align.png

Code:
 <style type="text/css">
.adslot_1 { width: 320px; height: 50px; }
@media (min-width:500px) { .adslot_1 { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
</style>
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle adslot_1" style="display:inline-block;" data-ad-client="ca-pub-11111111111111" data-ad-slot="1111111111"></ins>
<script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});</script>

Last edited:
1) The branding-free license is available here: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/digital-point-ad-positioning.989/item

2) Not sure, you would want to contact Google on that. The addon doesn't do anything special, just outputs whatever HTML/JS you put in it. Does that HTML code work for responsive without the addon?

Thanks.

Adsense suddenly started working, I edited 2) as you answered I believe. Could you take another look? With regards to formatting, is it possible to tweak the positioning? Seems left border is pushing it off page

Well the addon doesn't do any sort of alignment, but you could do it with CSS. Like you could do something like this for the ad to shift it to the left 5px...
Code:
position: relative;
left: -5px;

digitalpoint updated Digital Point Ad Positioning with a new update entry:

Fixed issue where soft-deleted posts could mess up calculation of the first unread post.

• Fixed issue where soft-deleted posts could mess up what the system thinks is the first unread post
  • Installer gives warning if trying to install on old XenForo versions (less than 1.2.0)
  • Install process utilizes Digital Point Marketplace automated brand removal API (for those with a branding-free license)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom