Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
Hey DP,

Getting this error out of no where:

Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /public_html/library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 29
Any ideas at all? Haven't changed any plugins that I know of since I installed and it was working fine up until someone pointed it out to me today.

Thanks

Any chance you could disable the custom ones just as a test to see if the error from calling __ToString() goes away? Might be able to help track down exactly what the issue is.

Any chance you could disable the custom ones just as a test to see if the error from calling __ToString() goes away? Might be able to help track down exactly what the issue is.

One by one it appears to be the User Tag, disabling that by itself allows the page to load with no errors:

bbcode.webp

^ How it's currently setup, looks like I'll be asking over there, thanks (y)

This is great!
It doesn't look like we can use xen:if conditionals in the Conversation Ad. Any way to restrict (or show) the usergroups it's displayed to?

Thanks for the update digitalpoint.

I see a few people reporting x10 increase and I am sure I am not alone when I wonder what kind of ads these people are using for the various blocks. Classic 3 ads per page as Google Adsense advises? Only ads in the text areas and other ads? Text or Images or both?

Maybe a few people can share their sites here so we can see the golden combination in action?

Thanks for the update digitalpoint.

I see a few people reporting x10 increase and I am sure I am not alone when I wonder what kind of ads these people are using for the various blocks. Classic 3 ads per page as Google Adsense advises? Only ads in the text areas and other ads? Text or Images or both?

Maybe a few people can share their sites here so we can see the golden combination in action?
Well a 10x increase would be pretty extreme... probably would have been partially because of very poor placement before they used this add on. That being said, 2-3x increase seems about the norm (some will be higher, some will be lower... and has a lot of factors like audience, previous ad placement, etc.)

I mentioned 3x to 10x increase earlier but that was from looking at my normal daily averages - which were fluctuating pretty wildly at the time. My monthly average is looking more like 4x from where I was before.

Its interesting to watch which ad placements do the best on any given day. Some days it's my ads above content and other days it's DPA Inside Posts. DPA After Post still does quite well and better on days when searchers land on large posts.

haha this plugin finally made it possible for me to draw a check each and every month from Google.. So im not making bank, but going from about $75.00 to $150.00 ish by far made this the most productive addon ive ever installed.

For me the inside post part for visitors gives good results, the ad below post doesnt. I use a global sidebar and maybe the 468px ad is not visibible enough.

I only show ads to guests which is why I wondered if their were a way to use conditionals around the Conversation ads. Then I thought about a message highlighting our User Upgrade options but wouldn't want to show that to those who have already upgraded.

Newbie Alert: It maybe a simple fix, but im uploading the file to /library and when I go to upload the .XML I get an Error:
Please enter a valid callback method. Any help would be amazing, Thanks guys!

I have just installed this add-on today I am using the after and in Posts.
the ads only appear in the first post of every page?!

Top Bottom