Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
It doesn't do anything with ad spacing because it's justs normal HTML you insert, which let's you control padding/spacing/whatever with CSS.

That's not the intent of the addon... The addon specifically let's you target the area of the thread that the user is looking at.

If you are logged out and click any of the Latest links on the forum home page you get taken to the latest post but the advertisement stays in the first post of the page. Anyway to get the ad in the post that the link takes you to for guests?

If you are logged out and click any of the Latest links on the forum home page you get taken to the latest post but the advertisement stays in the first post of the page. Anyway to get the ad in the post that the link takes you to for guests?
No, XenForo doesn't internally track "new posts" for guests, so there isn't a way to know where it is unfortunately.

I can't find the permission for this:
  • Suppress AdSense ads on a per thread basis (under Thread Tools).

I have a problem with installing. Allready updated my msql server and reboot it but stays the same. It is a reinstall:
Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'block_adsense'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in DigitalPointAdPositioning/Install.php at line 86
DigitalPointAdPositioning_Install->_installVersion4() in DigitalPointAdPositioning/Install.php at line 63
DigitalPointAdPositioning_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/robbyde1/public_html/relatieforum/admin.php at line 13

You could comment out the installCode method. I forgot people might uninstall and then reinstall the same version.

Will add a fix for it later when I'm by a computer.

You could comment out the installCode method. I forgot people might uninstall and then reinstall the same version.

Will add a fix for it later when I'm by a computer.
Dont know the installcode method. I will wait for the update.
Thanks.

Sorry, it's the install method in the Install.php file. If you open that file, just comment out one line... change this:
PHP:
$install->$method();
to this:
PHP:
//$install->$method();

On mobile devies the adsense overlaps the text of a thread. I'm using the automaticly changing ad from adsense. Is it beter just to use a normal ad format?

@digitalpoint I've selected both insert ad inside and insert ad after for guests only (not for google adsense but a different ad network). In your experience, would you advise against that? Should that make more money, or will that weaken my ad earnings because they are not being converted?

Also quick question about using your ad marketplace. I noticed as a fallback it will use adsense. Can I get it to use tribalfusion ads as a fallback? As I am currently banned by google (hoping they will unban me as I still have no idea why).

On mobile devies the adsense overlaps the text of a thread. I'm using the automaticly changing ad from adsense. Is it beter just to use a normal ad format?
I've never used the automatic one, do tough to say... I never really trusted it to make the right ad size choice. I always preferred picking the ad sizes I want at different browser widths myself.

@digitalpoint I've selected both insert ad inside and insert ad after for guests only (not for google adsense but a different ad network). In your experience, would you advise against that? Should that make more money, or will that weaken my ad earnings because they are not being converted?
It shouldn't weaken earnings, since it's not making less actual people convert (assuming you get paid by conversion and not click or CPM) I wouldn't think.

Also quick question about using your ad marketplace. I noticed as a fallback it will use adsense. Can I get it to use tribalfusion ads as a fallback? As I am currently banned by google (hoping they will unban me as I still have no idea why).
Yep, you can use other ad systems as a fallback as well by using the fallback URL, and that URL being a "page" with just the ad code on it.

When you supress adsense on certain pages it works with the addon. When i put an ad in general in a template it don't supress that ad. I was hoping that it would be for the whole page or forum. Would their be a way to manually add the same code for manual adds?

how in the world is one supposed to download this if new registrations at the digitalpoint site aren't being accepted?

Top Bottom