XF 1.2 beta unleashed. Then, a smart guy goes by the thread of the Add-On X and asks
"Is this compatible with XenForo 1.2?"
One must resist the urge to respond in an snarky way "How would I know?" "XF 1.2 has only been out for 5 minutes, nobody has tested this".
The same keeps happening all over the place, with each mod. Everyone is lazy, "might as well ask", they think, "why test? Maybe somebody else tested it already".
..... I have been keeping my list of things that could make Mods break
- Anything requiring the editor, or including the default editor. How will your mod behave with the save draft functionality? Is just including the template good enough? Is it even the same template? Do you need to apply extra attributes in the view? Who knows. At least not until inspecting the code
- And what about that auto-upload if you don't have attachment support in your content, huh?
- You had template hooks? They are deprecated but still there, but might as well start writing them as xen:callback and TMS rewrites. The prepared developer could already start doing their TMS edits right now so they can just re-apply them in the new system
- Thropies are quoted to have "speed improvements", for me that means "check that your custom thropies were not messed up"
- Do you send email on your add-on? There is a new mail queue system. Better check that.
- Do you have a content handler for reports? Better check that the new reporting system is handling your content type gracefully
- Did you integrate into the stats? (I know I have summaries for entries posted in blogs and comments), will the summary by week and month work? Who knows. Will have to check.
- Is the responsive design messing up your templates?
That a short to-do list for all the add-ons developers once XF 1.2 beta is available. Me ? I'm preparing my Zen and rehearsing this phrase: "I don't know if the add-on is compatible with 1.2 yet, please wait a little longer".