1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Different color for masterstyle

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by bart, Apr 10, 2013.

1. bart

bart Active Member

With debugmode on, It is possible to edit the masterstyle. And it is very possible to do so, because you don't always noice that you are doing that. The masterstyle comes up first when you start editting templates.

So two requests:
    - have the mastersyle not come up first. No-one should really edit the masterstyle except for the Xen-guys.
    - show the masterstyle-templates in a different color, so you instantly know you're at the wrong place.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you're in debug mode when you don't want to be editing master style templates, you probably shouldn't be in debug mode.

Brogan likes this.
  3. bart

bart Active Member

Debug-mode shows valuable information on queries and file-loads. :cool:

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

... or add-on developers.

Most of what I do template wise is done in the Master Style so on the contrary it would be quite inconvenient it not coming up first by default.
    It's just going to be one of those cases where diligence is required.

Lycaon likes this.
  5. James

James Well-Known Member

I think there used to be an add-on that displayed a warning if you were in the master style. I'm unsure of whether it got moved over to the RM though.

6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I've never used debug mode - isn't there a visual indicator to show you that you're in debug mode?

7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

in the ACP, you get the timing/memory/queries at the bottom of the page, but you also get the "Development" tab shown as well.

8. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

Chris D likes this.
  9. bart

bart Active Member

Right on!

Then Chris could make this into a "switch-debug-mode-on-but not-show-development-tab-addon" !

Yes he could. I knów it! :D