Difference?

The thread url? :LOL:
Great contribution (y)

Whats the difference between these two?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wordpress-3-bridge.5398/

http://xenscripts.com/xenforo-to-wordpress-bridge/

I definitely need a bridge but I do not see the difference
They are essentially different bridges developed by two different developers.

My recommendation is this.

One of them is free, one of them isn't. Download the free one first and test it out. See if it meets your requirements. If it does, fantastic. If it doesn't hopefully people who have used it will comment on the XenScripts Bridge :)

Good luck.

Both of them are currently not maintained properly. The paid version, is basically supported by the community as I see in their support forums. The community is coming up with the fixes instead of the developer. But I hope that changes soon, I am also in need of a good wordpress bridge.

Do remember that these bridges don't add users to wordpress database, they simply use xenForo as the "master" and wordpress remains untouched for the most part. This can cause problems if you have wordpress plugins that check for users in the wordpress database, in which case the plugins won't find any.

Thanks for the replies.

Farronsayn,
Have you found a solution for a Wordpress and forum integration?
And don't recommend bbpress lol I don't like it at all or any of the wordpress forums for that matter. You would think with so many people using Wordpress, that there would be an amazing integration by now for all great forums

Thanks for the replies.

Farronsayn,
Have you found a solution for a Wordpress and forum integration?
And don't recommend bbpress lol I don't like it at all or any of the wordpress forums for that matter. You would think with so many people using Wordpress, that there would be an amazing integration by now for all great forums

Someone developed a phpbb integration with wordpress. The plugin is called wp-united. You should check it out, the plugin is just amazing.

I tried it myself, but phpBB is nothing compared to xenForo, and so I am waiting for a better integration with xenForo and wordpress.

None of the developers seem interested in making a Wordpress to Xenforo bridge. People have been asking for it for over 2 years now. For some reason the developers can't see the potential here. It's huge.

Its really big...
and im sure if there was an integration for it, a lot of wordpress users would make the switch rather than using crappy free forums from wordpress like
mingleforum (becoming outdated)
bbpress (plain and sucks if you don't use buddypress.... and even thats a headache to set up)
phpbb (lots and lots of spam)
mybb (Great but not integration either:cry:)
smf (Great also, but not what I want)
Wp symposium (becoming better, but thats more for small communities)

Faerosayn,

Why would you want your users signed up to wordpress, rather than xenforo for anyways?
Is there really a difference?
I assume there is if you want to run a few membership plugins from wordpress, maybe a gallery, and other things.
But what type of plugins are you using?

I've used the xenscripts one, it worked with no problems whatsoever. I will be using it in my main community's move to XF + WP next month. :)

Im just wondering if it does exaxtly what I need...

honestly a bridge is the only think holding me back from buying it. Im still looking around. I also dont want to get a bridge that will stop being supported cause that will just leave me with one hell of a messs!!!

What do you need to do? I'm concerned about the support as you are, but at this point I don't see any other option available - at this point it works and I guess that's good enough for now. I want to be able to get xf users to login into WP and be able to write posts and comments, that's it.

Well like faerosayn said,
I'd like for my users to be registered up through wordpress, not xenforo. Just in case something happens with xenforo, I can switch to another forum without losing any of my members.

I can also use wordpress plugins without any issues if they are registered through wordpress

and thats about it really...

I just want xenforo to act as a wordpress plugin pretty much. I want my users to be able to access everything on my wordpress that I give them access to.

The support is what scares me the most... I just dont know how long they will be supporting it. I mean the 1st bridge that is listed on the start of this post has already gone bad. Supposedly it doesnt work with wordpress 3.5. I don't want that happening with any bridge I get. Because if you have lots of members, then what? And you cant switch to another forum, because all your users are on xenscripts, not wordpress. It will just be one huge mess.

I see, well this specific plugin I've used works the other way around, xenforo is the handler of the user base, but that's what i wanted so it works for me.

I see your point if your WP is the main part of your website though. I'm not sure I've seen anything else on the bridge side, I'm sure bridges will come up once xenforo becomes more popular.

Yeah, the thing is I havent used anything except for wordpress, so all of my themes work, blogs, pages, and etc are all on wordpress and I wouldnt know how to move all that on over to xenforo. Plus I wouldn't know how to work xenforo as easy as wordpress.

If that's what you wanted, then thats good. Just hope the developer stays with it. Or he will be jumped by all of his buyers lol

Well my main website part is the forum, so for me the forum is what should drive everything. Wordpress I'm just about to use for the first time working along the forum so I'll see how that goes ;)

ahh so you have one of those websites. Got ya!
Yeah I'm making a website to provide information, blog, and community (forum) area.
Possibly later on a classifieds

wordpress might seem tricky at first getting to know your way around. But after about a week, you will be using it with ease. Its great for blogs and creating pages for viewing for your webpage

I've used wordpress on more than 50 sites, so I'm familiar with it, it's very easy and has thousands of useful plugins. That's why I am attempting now to transfer part of my website stuff into it. I will see if I can get the members to use it though :D

Top Bottom